𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13: 𝕾𝖆𝖋𝖊?

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

Okay, I admit, that wasn't the best experience I've ever been through, I think it was the worst as well. Skye seemed the most shaken by it, with her pale face and her glassy eyes; to be honest, it she looked pretty scary. If only she had dark makeup and clothes, she'd probably look just like a goth she actually looked that bad.

Although I had been the one who'd been attacked, I realised that I was probably the least affected meantally; but physically, that was a different story. My leg was aching like mad and I could hadly feel it, it was throbbing so much. Even after that sleep, my leg felt as if it was the death of me; I had no idea how I was supposed to be walking on it, when I couldn't even handle the pain whilst it was idle let alone when I was putting my whole body weight on it. Nonetheless, I had to and I determined to. 

When I'd woken up, I was so eager to exicute my usual morning routine, that I forgot that my leg had been attacked by... I don't really know what and I stood oon it, immedietly falling down. If Shadow wasn't there to help me, I didn't know what I would've done. 

Slowly realising that I wasn't going to be able to walk properly for at least the next few days, I let Shadow help me walk over to the first aid box again to change the bandage that I'd kept on my leg for the past coupple of hours. 

After, I limped over to the cafeteria, where I ate nothing but a slice of toast as it was a homeless shelter. 

Around an hour later, we set off trying to find the police station where we'd been the day before; after spending at least another hour trying to look for it, we finally found it. It'd been so tiring and my leg was hurting more than it had been when it happened, yet I tried to ignore the sensation.

Walking towards the direction of the station, I found the same old man outside of it smoking... I smelt the air; he was smoking weed. He was suppossed to be a police officer not breaking the law. All three of them gave me this confused look as if to say, 'is this the guy you were talking about?'. I bit my lip and gave them a small nod; I had a feeling that this wasn't going to go down wel...

As soon as the man saw me and the others, he dropped his cigar to the floor and distiguished it by crushing it beneath his foot.

"So, you've finally managed to get to me then?" he asked as I noddded slowly, "Come with me," he continued as he began walking in the direction of the wood.

"Wait, we're going into the wood?" I began looking down at my injured leg, wondering how much more walking it would take before it fell off.

"Don't worry," he replied calmly, "I'll take good care of you."

I'd never felt so scared in my life, yet I was still determined to receive answers about the attack that I'd just been a part of. I Although I was worried about my friends' and my sister's safety, I thought that this would be a good way to keep them safe, knowing what was happening - now I realise how wrong I was.

Yet another hour was spent walking while my sister was holding my hand, as if we were going to die. I admit, it probably wasn't safe following this man but I think that this wouldn't be the death of us, nor would he be the killer of our parents'.

As soon as we were in the wood once again, we were all feeling a little bit uneasy; after I'd just been attacked by a giant bear-snake-tiger thing, this wasn't the thing I would've liked to spent the day. Imagine if I had to spend the rest of the day in hospital?

Finally, we sat by the lake where I was attacked; my heart was thudding against my ribs the longer we sat. I didn't know what was going to happen, nor did I know if he was legit enough; all I knew was that this experience was very scary. The man was looking at us as if we were supposed to ask him something, so I thought I should be the one to say something first.

I cleared my throat, "Um.. So. " I started.

The man shook his head as if he was clearing his mind, "Yes...?" He asked.

"Who are you...?" Skye asked.

"I'm Jack Linden," he said as he pulled a mask away from his face, revealing that he wasn't actually an old man, but a man in his at least his 30s. He had dark hair with piercing baby blue eyes, which was like something looking into my soul. We all stared at him in disbelief.

"Don't worry," he smiled again, this time, a warm smile, "I promise I won't hurt you," he put his hands up in mock defence as he let out a low chuckle, making us all flash him a weak smile.

"I only act like this," he gestured to the mask, "so I could get my officer job," he gave a light chuckle again. I've never felt so insecure.

Just as he was about to say something else d in thin air.

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖎𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗? 𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖛𝖔𝖙𝖊, 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜 ^.^

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝
P.S sorry this took so long, but after this I will be taking a short hietus (I can't spell I swear) on this book and until I get around 700 reads or I finish drafting this book.
Sorry x