𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9: 𝕰𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊?

𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

Something was definitely on Cate's mind. She just kept pacing around the cell while Harley and Skye lay fast asleep. They'd only just woken up from the drug they'd been given and were still feeling drowsy, so they fell asleep. 

Cate still had her hair round her face and she hadn't even attempted to move it. Slumping down against the wall, I asked her,"Scruff, watcha doin'?" and she turned around clearly pissed that I'd used her nickname again. She was really cute when she did this. 

"I'm trying to think," she replied blankly. Somehow, I didn't know how to believe this, who, in their right mind, would be thinking about leaving when the two sleeping beauties, who were still sleeping on their hard 'mattresses'. I have no idea how they actually manage to sleep on the 'bed' when all it is, is a plank of wood. 

With a sigh, Cate slumped down beside me, "It's useless," she said running a hand through her hair. I turned to face her. Her face was pale and her eyes which were once a lively soft brown were now tired and drooped. Wrapping an arm around her in a sign of comfort, I spoke softly, "We'll get out of here, I promise." 

She sighed again brushing my touch off of her, jumping up suddenly leaning against the wall her face in a deep frown as I sat up, looking up at her eyes, not quite meeting them. Shoving her hands in her pocket, her eyes suddenly lit up. Slowly pulling a small piece of paper out of her pocket, she turned away from me reading the note, I moved my head to one side, raising my eyebrow.

After reading the note, she turned to me, her eyes now bright and hopeful. "We can get out of here!" She exclaimed. I pointed at Harley and Skye who were still sleeping soundly, a few snores escaping Harley as her smiled faded a touch before she returned to her usual self, "We'd obviously wait for them, but at least with this," she threw me the piece of paper she was holding before saying, "Maybe, just maybe we can do this. Of course it is risky, but we don't have much of a choice. Your choice though, either come to freedom with me and Skye, or you can stay with that guard shouting in your ear every morning," she raised an eyebrow and I shuddered at the thought of that guard being my alarm. She had a point though. 

Cate looked at me expectantly, "Well, read it then!" It was only then that I'd realised that I hadn't actually read the note yet so opening it carefully, I read it slowly aloud:

"Dear Cate, Skye, Harley and Shadow,

Obviously, Shadow, you must be thinking; 'How the hell can I make fire appear from my hand,' and Cate you want to know why whatever you want to move, you can. Also, Skye, you want to know how you can freeze time so that you can do whatever you want, without anyone knowing. Lastly, Harley, you have the power of the light, yet you do not know this just yet.

You all want answers, and I've got them... If you all follow these instructions, you can see the light to freedom. Go into the woods... a small cottage... or just go to the police station again. I'd be there somewhere.

Believe in yourself, and breathe. It will all come to you. Good Luck.

From,

JL x"

I took a minute just to re-read everything. Looking over at Harley and Skye, they looked so innocent, can they really control light and freeze time? It almost seemed impossible, to me, but considering that I can actually make fire appear in my hands, it must be true. Why had he put 'breathe'  in bold. Maybe, by breathing, it could summon a fire ball?

I tried it. Breathing in deeply, in a out closing my eyes, I felt the room heat up and opened an eye slowly. God! The fireball was huge. I panicked and accidentally threw it into the keyhole of the door where it was extinguished immediately and made a huge bang

This accident had awoken Harley and Skye, and Cate had turned around and was looking at me in shock, so were Harley and Skye. I bit my lip and slithered down the nearest corner, my hand on my head. How can I do this? 

Harley and Skye were crowded around me while Cate was trying to open the door which was no longer smoldering from the fireball I'd just sent at it.

"How on Earth did you do that Shadow...?" Harley asked, a small hint of concern in his voice.

"Shadow, what just happened?" Skye asked me slowly.

I took a deep breath before explaining, "I don't know... I don't know. I was just concentrating on breathing after I'd raged in the officers room and sent a fireball flying across the room..." I muttered. This explanation was probably the worst I could ever have thought of... Like that excuse 'my dog ate my homework'... which actually did happen one time and had to think of an excuse that wasn't as lame... ended up in a three day after school.

After a few minutes in silence, apart from the faintest knocking as Cate attempted to make an escape, "Done it!" she revealed in a flourish as she opened the door which was shut tight before.

"How on Earth did you do that Cate?" I asked her as she shrugged and answered, "I guessed that the fireball would make the lock weaker and I'd be able to move the remaining of the lock with my..." she paused, "whatever it is that we have."

Harley and Skye looked at her as if she were mad, "You guys can do these things too," she said in concern, "I'll explain later, let's just all go out and see what the world had for us,"

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊. 𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜 ^.^

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝