Thirteen

Leland's POV
I'm out on a busy with the family and Jamie is at home resting. She has been in bed rest the last several weeks after she had a scare about going into early labor. Jamie is officially 9 months along now and could have the baby any day now. I'm still out working but the second I get the call, I'm running. "How was Jamie feeling this morning son?" My dad asks over the radio. "She is uncomfortable but hanging in there." I tell him. "The more she feels uncomfortable, the closer she gets to labor." Baby Lyssa says, and Beth nods her head in agreement. "Yeah the doctor told her Monday that Everly is probably coming sometime this week." "AH! I can't wait!" Beth and Alyssa say excitedly.

After a long day and a long chase, I'm finally home. I walk into the house and I see Jamie pacing the hallway. I notice that she is holding her back and wincing. "You hurting baby?" I ask her as I walk up and kiss her softly. "I've been having some contractions. They come about every 45 minutes. And before you get mad and say that I should've called, this is only the third one and nothing has changed." She tells me trying to reassure me. "Ok well, it's still to early to go to the hospital. Let's try to relax a bit and wait." I take her hand and we walk over to the couch and Jamie picks out a movie for us to watch.

Jamie's POV
My contractions are now 30 minutes apart and they are becoming more painful. It's almost 10:00 at night and I can tell Leland is exhausted. "Baby, why don't you go get in bed for awhile. Beth and Lyssa will be here any minute. I promise that I will wake you up if anything changes." I tell him as I rub his arm. "I'm only going to rest for an hour, and that's it." He says trying to be stubborn. "Whatever you say." Leland heads back to the bedroom and I stretch out on the couch.

Beth and Lyssa have been here about 45 minutes and my contractions have gotten much closer together. "Alright, Lyssa, go wake up Leland. It's time to get her to the hospital." Beth says calmly, and Lyssa walks down to the bedroom. As we are waiting for Leland to put on a shirt, Beth helps me into Leland's truck. "Lyssa and I will be right behind you. I'll call everyone and let them know." I nod my head in response as another contraction hits. Leland gets in the drivers seat of the truck and looks over at me. "You ready for this baby?" He asks with a big smile. "Let's go have us a baby." I say as he pulls out of the driveway. I can't help but smile as I look up at the house. Next time we come home, we will have baby Everly.

Leland's POV
Everly Jade Chapman has officially made her world debut. She is the most beautiful baby girl, and already has me wrapped around her finger. Jamie did amazing and is doing well. She is tired but she's hanging in there for the family. Dad is holding Everly and showing her off to anyone who walks in. I sit down on the bed next to my wife and she looks up at me with a smile. I return the smile and softly kiss her lips. Jamie lays her head down on my shoulder and we both look at our big family. I never thought that I would be where I am today. I finally found the woman that I will spend the rest of my life with. I have 4 amazing kids, and I honestly have the best and most supportive family anyone can ask for. My dad brings Everly over to me and everyone heads out to get some sleep. I place Everly on my chest and get comfortable bed to my wife. I drift off to sleep thanking God for everything he has given me.

A/N: I know that this story is shorter than my others but I kinda lost interest in this story. I ended it in the best way I knew how. I hope you guys enjoyed it and thank you all for reading it. Hopefully I'll have some new story ideas soon.