Nine

Jamie's POV
I haven't worked in two weeks. I know that I can't let this guy keep me from working. I know that he has gone to prison for a long time but I am still scared to walk in the office.  Beth and Duane are supportive of whatever I decide to do. Leland still goes to work everyday and he makes it a point to call and check on me when he can. I get out of bed before Leland this morning and get his coffee ready. I walk back into the bedroom and walk over to Leland's side of the bed. "Good morning baby. It's time to wake up." I tell him as I kiss his cheek softly. "I don't want to. Come cuddle with me for a few more minutes." He says trying to grab my arm and pull me down on the bed. "Oh no mister! You have to get up and go to work." He pouts before getting out of bed and taking his coffee and heading to the shower.

I've been cleaning the house all morning to get ready for the kids to get here tonight for the weekend. It's almost lunch time and Leland will be calling me soon. I've been thinking a lot about this working thing, but before I make a decision, I want to talk to Leland about it. As I am unloading the dishwasher, my phone starts to ring. "Hey baby." I say as I answer the phone. "Hey. How's your day?" He asks. "It's good. Just getting the house picked up and ready for the kids this weekend." "Oh, I forgot to tell you that they aren't coming this weekend. All 3 of them are sick so their mom wants to keep them home." "Oh poor babies. That's ok, I need to talk to you when you get home anyway." I tell him as I close the dishwasher. "Everything ok?" Leland asks worriedly. "Everything is perfect. I just want to run somethings by you." "Ok baby. I gotta get back to work. I love you." "I love you too."

Leland's POV
I just pulled into the driveway at the house and I'm unloading my stuff. When I walk in the door, I am greeted by a smiling Jamie. When I sit my things down, I wrap my arms around her and kiss her softly. "I missed you today. It's not the same going to work without you." I tell her and kiss her again. "I missed you too. And since you brought it up, I want to talk to you about the work thing." I take her hand and we go sit in the couch. "What's on your mind?" I ask her. "I think that I am ready ready to go back, I just don't want to go on jumps anymore. I'll stay and work in the office and do all that." She tells me. "It's whatever you want to do, but are you sure?" I ask her as he gets up to sit in my lap. "I've never been more sure about anything in my life. I want to work in the office and I really want to focus on planning our wedding and starting a family."

"You want to start a family?" I ask her, just making sure that I heard her right. "Of course I do. I love your kids as if they were my own, and I would love to have your babies. Do you want to?" Jamie asks hesitantly. "Yes I do." I say with a smile. She leans down and kisses me softly. "Well then, let's get started."