Seven

Leland's POV
I got Jamie home and she is still being quiet and clingy. "I have to go back to the office baby. We have one more jump and then I promise I will be home right after." I told her kissing her softly. Now I'm heading into the office and I feel horrible for leaving Jamie by herself. I walk in and Beth and Lyssa run up to me. "How is Jamie?" Lyssa asks hurriedly. Lyssa didn't want to leave dad's side, so she's sticking close to him for the rest of the day. "She's still really shaken up. I hated leaving her alone." I tell them honestly. Dad walks in and catches the end of my sentence. "Go home to her son. We have all had a rough and scary morning, so we are all taking a couple days off." I gather my things and follow everyone out the door.

I pull back into the driveway and I sit out in the truck for a minute and try to catch my breath. It just hit me how close I was to losing Jamie today. I finally get my thoughts together enough to go in the house. When I walk in the house, I see Jamie sitting in the couch where I left her an hour ago. I didn't catch the door before it slammed behind me, and Jamie jumps and turns around with a terrified look on her face. "Sorry baby." I say as I walk towards her. "It's fine. I just wasn't expecting you home." She says cuddling up to me on the couch. "Dad is giving us all a couple days off after what happened this morning. Do you want to talk about it?"

Jamie's POV
"Do you want to talk about it?" Leland asks. "I got to the back of the house right as he climbed the rest of the way out of the window. Duane Lee and I both had our mace guns pointed at him and we were trying to get him down from the roof. The next thing I knew he had pulled out a gun. I wanted to run and I wanted to scream for you. He said if we did anything he would shoot." I tell him and then I start to cry. Leland tightens his golf and I take a few deep breaths before continuing. "I just kept staring at him and trying not to move. Lyssa grabbed my hand and I think we were both trying to give each other strength. When I saw that cop climbing out the window and putting him in cuffs, I took that chance to run to you. You took away all that fear." I tell Leland and I lean up to kiss him. When I look into his eyes, I see the tears brimmed and in the edge of falling. "Leland, you ok baby?"

Leland is being really quiet, and I don't like it. "Come on baby, talk to me." I say, climbing into his lap. "I realize how close I really was to losing you today. I just got you in my life and I don't want to lose you. I love you so much. When I heard Duane Lee come over the radio and say that he had a gun, I freaked out. I was trying to run in the house but Beth wouldn't let me. The cops were coming and we both knew if I made the wrong move, someone was going to get hurt."I wipe the tears from my eyes and his eyes and I kiss him softly. "I'm here baby. We are together and I have no plans on going anywhere. I love you so much. More than I will ever be able to explain." Leland tangles his hands in my hair and crashes his lips on mine. Leland never opens up like that, and now I know, more than I already did, that he is the one for me. He is going to be my husband, the father of my children, and my forever.