Player part 2

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing my cheerleading outfit, since there was going to be a big game tonight. I pulled my hair into a bun and applied my makeup. I went to my closet and grabbed a sweater when I heard honking coming from outside my window. I ran over to see who it was. It was Kelsey. I quickly ran downstairs and out to her car.

"Hey girl," she said as I opened the door and hopped in.

"Hey."

"Are you nervous?"

"Why would I be nervous?" I asked.

"Well since you're the new captain and tonight's the biggest game ever and if we mess up it will be your fault."

"Thanks Kels, you sure calmed my nerves," I said sarcastically.

"Sorry." We drove to the high school. When we arrived, there were a lot of people. I wiped the sweat that began to form on my forehead and got out the car.

"We're going to do fine Haley, relax," Kels said.

I nodded. Kels and I reached the football field and met up with the rest of the squad. I looked at the scoreboard which had the time on it 6:30, in exactly thirty minutes the game would start. We began practicing for the little time that we had left.

It was game time. The football team ran up on the field as the crowd cheered wildly. I looked over at the squad to signal them to begin. We began. I started the cheer and looked out in the crowd to see Joe, looking at me, smiling. I realized I had stopped cheering. Man, I fucking hate Joe. I picked up from where I left off and we finished the cheer. During half times, we did more cheers and I made sure not to look at Joe but there was something about him that made me want to.

The game soon ended and our school won, 26 to 11. I ran out to the field to congratulate Jake, since he was quarter back of the team.

"Hey Jake, you did amazing," I said.

"Thanks," he said, smiling. "I think this is the perfect time for you to pay me back."

I knew exactly what he meant. I leaned in and kissed him gently on the lips, as we were kissing though, Joe came up behind us.

"Hey you two," he said.

I unleashed from the kiss, annoyed.

"Hey Joe, are you coming to the after party?" Jake asked him.

"Yeah."

"Cool, it's at my house."

"Okay. See you there." Joe walked off.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride." Jake said to me, grabbing a hold of my hand. I blushed.

"Dance with me," Jake said pulling me to the middle of the dance floor. It was a slow song so I put my arms around his neck as he put his hands on my waist. We danced in sync, with me resting my head on his shoulder. This night had to be perfect.

"Jake, I have to use the bathroom," I said pulling off of him.

"It's upstairs, second door on the left," he said.

"Thanks." I walked up the stairs and as I walked past the first door, I heard noises coming from inside. I put my ear up against the door and listened.

"Harder Joe!" the girl screamed.

Yep, it was Joe, having sex with another girl. I walked to the bathroom. When I came out I bumped into someone. He smelt really good. I looked up to see that it was Joe.

"Haley," he said. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Are you having fun?"

"Yeah...with Jake. And it sounds like you were having fun."

He chuckled. I walked back downstairs with Joe behind me. I came to living room and my mouth dropped in shock. Jake was making out with a girl. Tears began to form in my eyes but I tried to hold them back. I walked over to him, picked up the beer that was in a cup, and dumped in on him. I ran out of the house.

"That was a stupid move, Jake," I heard Joe say. He came outside, after me. "I'm sorry, he's a loser."

I wiped the tears from my cheek. "I just want to go home."

"I'll give you a ride."

"Okay." I got in his car and we sat in silence as he drove me home. What was I supposed to say to him? We finally reached my house, I unbuckled my seat belt and was about to open the car door but I turned around. "Thanks Joe, for sticking up for me."

"No problem," he said. "Goodnight."

I got out of the car and walked to the front door of my house.

"Why are you home so early?" my mom asked as I entered the house.

"I didn't feel well." I walked up to my room, thinking. Joe wasn't really a bad person after all. Sure he had sex way too much and he was a player but he really did help me tonight. But I still hate him.

Please comment please vote and become a fan

original writter: my friend sam