Player chapter 9

Player Chapter 9

It's been two weeks since the party.

"Haley, you know I would never cheat on you," Joe said as he followed me down the hallway. "I didn't have sex with her, she's making up lies."

"How do you know if you didn't have sex with her Joe? You were drunk, remember?" I asked while I stopped and looked straight into his eyes.

"I know I was drunk but I remember everything and I know for sure that we didn't do it."

"So you remember when you said you thought I would probably have sex with Jake?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"I'm sorry about that," he said, grabbing my hands.

"Well I don't forgive you Joe. I really loved you but that was really mean of you to say. You were the only guy that I ever wanted...to do it with. But I guess I don't any more." I pulled my hands from his grip and walked down the hallway. I made my way to class and sat down in the back. Camilla walked through the classroom door, smiling at me as she sat down. Ugh. I literally felt like getting out of my seat and beating the crap out of her but that wouldn't turn out good. I sat in class, staring at the back of her head, wondering if I should confront her about the supposedly party incident between her and Joe.

"Riiiingggg," the bell rang to end class. I quickly gathered my notebook and book and hurriedly walked over to her. "Camilla."

She turned around and made a disgusted face. "What?"

"You know what? Did you and Joe do it at the party Saturday?"

"Uhm, let me think about it. YES, we did. He cheated on you with me so get over it. He still loves me." She smiled and walked off down the hall as I just stood there, tears forming in my eyes. I didn't know who to believe but she was very convincing.

I threw my lunch tray on the round table and sat down. I don't know why I even brought food, I mean I really wasn't hungry. I waited for Kels to show up so I wouldn't have to sit here, looking like a loser. But instead of Kels walking through the cafeteria doors, it was Joe and he was walking straight towards where I was sitting. I looked down so he wouldn't see my face and recognize me but it was too late, he knew it was me.

"Can I sit here?" he asked, pulling out the chair next to me. Without answering, he sat down. "Haley." He said waiting for me to respond but I didn't, I ignored him.

"Just talk to me, please?"

"Joe, I don't want to talk to you. Just leave me alone!" I yelled, standing up from the table. He tried to grab my hand. "Don't touch me!" All eyes were now looking at us. We were once the happiest couple and now we were nothing. We were just Haley and Joe. Two separate people, not a couple anyway. I stormed out of the cafeteria, leaving him standing there. Tears fell down my cheeks as I walked to the girls restroom. On the way there, I ran into Jake.

"Haley, are you okay?" he asked seeing that my eyes were puffy and red. I didn't answer. "Is this about what happened at the party Saturday night?" I nodded. "Everyone's saying that he cheated on you right?"

"Yeah," I managed to say, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Well, he didn't cheat on you Haley."

"How do you know that."

"I don't know for sure but he's different. You changed him and I don't think he would ever cheat on you."

"So you're just guessing?"

"Yeah but I think I'm sure about this."

I looked down at the floor, not knowing what to do. There was a 50/50 chance. He cheated on me or he didn't. Jake pulled me into an unsuspected hug and said into my ear. "Forgive him, you guys are perfect together." I smiled slightly. Jake was the most amazing friend ever. Well, I really don't know if we're friends or not because of the whole kissing thing but I really did want to be friends with him.

The school day was over and I sat on my bed, reading a book. Romeo and Juliet to be exact. I wish I was Juliet . She had a guy who was really in love with her and just her.

"Dinners ready," my mom said from downstairs. I closed the book, set it on my bed, and walked down the stairs. The food was already set on the table. Spaghetti and garlic bread. Since it was my favorite meal, I decided to eat it.

"So honey, I've noticed you've been depressed lately." She started. Here it goes with her therapist act. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah mom, I'm fine. I'm not one of your patients."

"I know that sweetie but I do care about you. Did something happen between you and Joe?"

"Yeah." Was all I said, I really didn't want to tell her all the details.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No thanks," I said as I pushed my plate away. "I have to go work on homework." I stood up from the table, pushed in my chair, and walked back up to my room. I opened my bedroom door and was shocked to see Joe sitting on my bed.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" I freaked out. "Get out!"

"Shhh," he said. "Do you want your mom to come up here?"

I quieted down. "Did you come through my window?"

He nodded. I looked over at it, it was open. He stood up and walked over to me. "I love you Haley, you're the most important person in my life. Why wont you believe me?"

"Uhm," I didn't know what to say. "So you swear that you didn't do it with Camilla at the party?"

"Yeah, I swear."

"Alright, I forgive you. But you're never going to drink again ever in your life. Okay?"

"I wont, I promise this time." He leaned in closer to me and our lips joined together. "I only want to be with you for the rest of my life." He said as he smiled.

I finally managed to say it. "I love you Joe, a lot."

He smiled again and our lips attached again.

I felt like Juliet at that moment. Joe is my Romeo except he's not  16 years old and   a rival to my family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Author's Note: Sorry I didn't update this late night. :D Did you like how I threw Romeo Juliet in it? Ha.

Original writter: Sam Jonas :)