Player chapter 6

Player Chapter 6

This week Jake called me every night to talk about stuff. His dad, school, Joe, and us. I think we’re starting to become good friends, I don’t know how well Joe is going to take that though. Maybe he’s not the jealous type? Yeah right. It was Saturday, I had nothing to do because Joe was home with the flu and he didn’t want me to come over incase he got me sick. So I just sat home, listening to music waiting for Kels or Jake to call me and cure my boredom. My phone starting to ring, I picked it up and answered it, it was Joe.

“Hey Joseph, are you feeling any better?” I asked him.

“You know I don’t like to be called Joseph and no I still feel like crap,” he coughed as he replied.

“Haha, sorry. Well I hope you get better so we can hang out.”

“Mhm, so anything new?”

“Nope, not really.”

“Well, I gotta go. I’m coughing my guts out. Talk to you later.” He ended the phone call and then my phone went off again. Another call? It was Jake.

“Uhm, hey Jake.”

“Hey, do you wanna hang out today or something? Go for a walk?” he asked. “I know you’re dating Joe so you can tell him there is no need to beat my ass because I wont steal you from him.”

I laughed. “Sure, I’ll meet you at the corner of Pine Street. Okay?”

“Alright, see you then.”

I went over to my mirror, brushed my hair, and applied some makeup. I decided to start walking so I could meet up with Jake.

“I thought you weren’t going to come,” he said as I made my way to where he was standing.

“Sorry, I’m a slow walker.” I smiled. We started to walk down the sidewalk, not going anywhere particular. We came to the park Joe and I had our first kiss and we sat down on the slides.

“So Haley, do you still think I’m a jerk?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Good, so how are you and Joe?”

“We’re good, its only been a few days since we first started going out though.”

“Oh, why aren’t you hanging out with him today?”

“He’s got the flu.”

We sat there in silence. Jake interrupted it. “Haley, can I tell you something?”

“Yeah, sure. What is it?” I asked, looking over at him.

“Uhm, I don’t know how to say this but here it goes. Well, we’ve known each other for awhile now.”

I nodded, I had no idea where he was going with this.

“And you’re a really chill person and I really like you.”

“Then why did you kiss that girl at the party?”

“I don’t know because I’m stupid.”

“I really liked you too before you kissed her but now I’m with Joe so…”

“Yeah, I know.” He looked down at the ground and fumbled with his hands. We stood up from the slides and started walking again. After walking for awhile, he decided to walk me home. We reached my front porch.

“I’ll see you at school Monday,” I said.

He nodded.

“Bye.” I opened the front door when he grabbed my hand. He pulled me into him and our lips attached. We were kissing. “Uhm, Jake?”

He looked at me. “I’ll see you at school Monday.”

“Yeah,” I opened my front door and walked inside. I just cheated on Joe. What the fuck? This was definitely going to ruin everything if he found out. I’m thinking that I’m more of a player than him now. I walked up to my room, my phone had new voice messages from Joe. I listened to them all. He was just talking about how bored he was without me and stuff like that. I decided not to call him back, it would be hard to keep the fact that I kissed another guy.

Monday morning, Joe was at school again waiting at my locker.

“So do you feel better?” I asked as I kissed him on the cheek.

“Yes, I do.” He said, smiling. “So what’d you do this weekend?”

I looked down at the ground. “Oh, nothing. Stayed home and watched tv.”

“Then why didn’t you answer my phone calls?”

“Uhm, I had my phone off. Yeah.”

“Oh.”

Jake walked past us and smiled at me, I returned the smile.

“Who are you smiling at?” Joe asked, turning around. “Jake?”

“Yeah, I’m trying to make him happier. You know? Since his dad died and all.”

He nodded. “Well, lets get to class.” He grabbed a hold of my hand and we walked to class together. A girl came out in front of us and looked at Joe.

“Hey Joe,” she said.

“Hey Camilla,” he replied.

“So you guys are an item now?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Oh, nothing. Talk to you later Joe.” She walked off.

“Uhm, what was that all about?” I asked. “Does she like you or something?”

“I don’t know,” He grabbed onto my hand again, I could feel his palms sweating.

“AGAIN!” I screamed to the cheerleading team as we practiced. I was stressed so I was taking it out on them. I looked over at the bleachers and Joe was sitting there. “Okay everyone, take a break.” I walked over to where he was sitting. “Hey.”

“Can I talk to you, its important,” he asked. Oh shit. I sat next to him. “Well, remember when Camilla came up to me in the hall today? Well, theres something that I think I should tell you about her. She was the first girl I was ever in love with and she…took my virginity.”

“Uhm, okay? Why do you need to tell me this?”

“I just wanted you to know. I wanted to be honest to you about her.”

“Oh.” Ugh, he was being honest with me? When I fucking cheated on him. I needed to tell him, maybe he would understand. Yeah. “Joe… I need to tell you something too.” He looked at me, I couldn’t seem to tell him so instead I blurted out the words, “I love you.”

“I love you too Haley,” he leaned in and kissed me. Maybe I wouldn’t need to tell him about me and jake

---------. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know this chapter is boring but i will upload again maybe tomarow.Can you guys please vote and comment.

Original writter: Sam Jonas :)