player (final chapter)

• Dedicated to Kizha4

Player Chapter 12 (final)

It was the big day, graduation day. Meaning today was the last day Joe and I would be together, then we would be across the country from each other. I was going to the University of California in Los Angeles while Joe was going to the University of Rochester in New York. We had both picked out our colleges before we started liking each other. If we knew we were going to be together, we would have picked colleges closer together. Tomorrow morning I would be boarding my flight to California. My Aunt Sharon lived in California so I would be spending the summer with her than starting college.

The clock on my bedroom wall read 12:00, five more hours until graduation. Until I would have to get up on stage and read my speech. I was valedictorian of my class. Standing up in front of hundreds of people wasn't the part I would be scared about, the part I would be scared about was crying. I was an easy crier and I knew giving my speech would make me break down.

The whole day was hectic. All of my relatives came to my house, we had a barbeque in the back yard. When it was getting closer to five, I decided to get changed into my dress. It was a medium length dress with a black bow tied at the waist, I loved it. After that, I slipped on my red graduation gown over it. I sat on my bed as I put on black heels. I looked at myself in the mirror, fixing my hair and putting on my makeup. My cell phone rang as I was doing so, I looked at the caller ID. It was Joe.

"Hey Joe," I said into the phone.

"Hey, so where do you want to meet before graduation?" he asked.

"Uhm, I'll meet you in the courtyard."

"Okay, see you there. Bye."

I hung up my phone and set it back down. I looked in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs. When I was satisfied with everything, I walked down the stairs and into the living room.

"Awe, look at my baby," my moms said, grabbing my hands. "You're all grown up. It felt just like yesterday I was changing your diapers."

I smiled. Every parent always said that on the kids graduation day. "Okay, we should be going so we won't be late," my mom stated putting her purse on her shoulder. We walked to the front door. My mom and I rode together while my other family members took the van.

"So are you going to meet up with Joe before hand?" she asked.

"Yeah." I said, nodding my head. "Mom, do I have to go to...college?"

"Huh? Yes, you have to go sweetie. We already paid and everything. Why are you asking?"

"Because I don't want to leave Joe. Mom, I love him. If I go then we're going to be thousands of miles apart."

"I know you love him but you two are young. You might find someone else. And I don't think it's good to give up your education for someone you probably won't be spending the rest of your life with."

I didn't say anything. We pulled up in the parking lot of the school. My mom headed to the auditorium to find her seats while I went to go find Joe. I searched around for him and found him sitting on the bench. He stood up as he saw me and walked over to me. Everyone now making their way into the school but we stood outside, holding hands. We were in silence, we just wanted to spend a couple minutes together.

"Welcome everyone to the graduation of the class of '09," our principal said into the microphone on stage. "We would like to welcome to the stage Haley, the class valedictorian, to the stage." Everyone applauded and I walked out to the center of the stage. I looked out to see my classmates sitting in the first few rows. Some of them I liked and some of them I hated but I knew I would miss all of them. I started my speech and everyone listened attentively. I would make contact with Joe sitting out in the crowd. I tried my best to hold back my tears until I at least made it off the stage but that didn't happen. I ended my speech and was crying hysterically. I made my way off the stage and heard everyone cheering. I walked to my seat and sat down. Names were being called, and one by one, they went up to get their diplomas.

"You did a great job on your speech sweetie," my mom said, hugging me.

"Thanks," I said, smiling.

"So what are your plans tonight?"

"Joe and I were going to go to the after party," I answered.

"Alright. Have fun, and be safe. No drinking."

I nodded. Joe and I walked back over to his car and hopped in. I remember that night of the party, when I saw Jake kissing another girl. The night that Joe gave me a ride home. Back then I despised him but now I was truly in love with him.

We made our way to the party. When we arrived, everyone was dancing and having a good time. Joe and I walked around, talking to people. But I really didn't like being here, I wanted to be alone with him. Since tomorrow I would be leaving. We decided to go to our "special" park. We walked over to the swings, sat down, and just started talking. Hours passed and I was beginning to get tired. No way was I going to go home, I wanted to be with Joe for the rest of the night so he said I could stay at his house.

When we got to his house, we walked up to his room. I sat down on his bed. "Do you want to watch a movie or something?" he asked, standing by the TV.

"Not really. I just want to be with you." He smiled. "Do you want to change into something more comfortable? I can give you a pair of my sweatpants and a t-shirt."

"Okay, thanks." He handed me the clothes and I went to go change in the bathroom. After I was done, I walked back out to his room. "You look really good in my clothes," he said, smirking. I smiled. I went back over to his bed and laid down next to him with my head on his chest. I looked up at him. "Joe, I think I'm...ready."

"What? You're ready to...you know?" I knew he was in shock because I said I wanted to wait. "Are you sure? We don't have to."

"I'm sure Joe. I really want to."

"Okay. Uhm." It was late in the morning and he wasn't expecting me to say I was ready. We began to kiss and it became deeper and more passionate as it continued. He rolled my over and was on top of me now. He began undressing and I did the same. Millions of thoughts ran through my head. I had no idea what it was going to be like, since I've never actually done it before.

"Okay, are you ready?" he asked. I nodded my head.

"Haley, promise me you wont fall in love with another guy at college," Joe said to me as we stood in the airport.

"I promise, I could never fall in love with another guy," I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. "I'm really glad that I gave you a chance because you're the most amazing guy I've ever met." He blushed which was a shock. "And I would like to thank you," he said. "For changing me. For making me a better person and not wanting to have sex every minute of the day." I laughed. "Your welcome." My mom walked back over to us.

"I think you should be going, don't want your flight to leave without you," she said as she pulled my in to a big hug. "Bye sweetie."

I walked to the door where my plane was. I didn't look back because if I did I would start crying. I didn't know how I was going to survive without seeing Joe's face everyday but I knew I would have to be strong. The thing I would always remember though is that I, Haley, changed the Joe Martinez into a gentleman something that I thought was impossible.

====================================================================

Author's Note: The End! Yep, that was the final chapter. So what did you guys think of it. Overall what did you think of this fanfic? I really liked this fanfic. Thank you too all my readers who have been with my through this entire fanfic. I love you guys <3  please vote and comment

Original writter: Sam Jonas :)