player 4

“So since you think I’m better than Jake, Haley. Does that mean you like me?” Joe asked as we sat at the lunch table.

“Uhm, I think you’re cool but I don’t like like you,” I said, looking down.

“Oh, well at least you think I’m cool,” he smiled.

I laughed. I actually think Joe was changing. And only in a couple of days. Was I changing him? I took a bite of my sandwich when Kels came up behind me. “Haley, I need to talk to you now. Excuse us Joe.” She grabbed a hold of my arm firmly and pulled me out of the cafeteria.

“Man, rip off my arm why don’t you?” I said.

“We have a problem with Jake,” she said. “He’s spreading rumors.”

“About me?”

“Yeah, he’s saying how you would do it with any guy.”

“WHAT?!”

She nodded, I was furious. Why would he start rumors about me when we weren’t even dating? “I’ll be right back.” I stomped towards the table that Jake was sitting at and confronted him. “Jake, so you want to start rumors about me?”

He stood up and his friends watched us. “What are you talking about?” he asked, stupidly.

“Shut up, you know you are. So stop or I’ll just have to play hardball back.”

“Bring it,” he said. “Your friends are already on my side. Oh and why don’t you and Joe run off and have sex.” He came close to me, looked down, and whispered in my ear, “How’s it feel to be not popular?”

I clenched my hands in a fist, lifted them up, and was about to punch him in the face when Kels stopped me. “You don’t want to get in trouble Haley, come on.”

“What was that all about?” Joe asked me as we walked to class.

“Uhm, nothing.”

“Is Jake starting shit?”

“No,” I lied. “I just needed to talk to him about something. That’s all.”

“Oh, okay.” We got to Spanish class and as we walked in, everyone looked at us. Jake smiled in my direction. I felt like walking over to him and beating the crap out of him but yeah, I didn’t want to get in trouble. Joe and I sat in the back. During class, while I was writing some guy passed me a note. I took it from him, unfolded it and read to myself, “Hey, do you think we could get together after school and you know? Bang.” I quickly folded it back up and kept my eyes on the front of the classroom. Who would have thought that my reputation could get ruined in one weekend. I went from being popular to a slut even though I didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe if I would have forgave Jake but no I don’t give people second chances.

“Haha, Joe you’re so immature,” I said as I sat on my bedroom floor next to him. We were doing homework.

“Maybe you’re just too mature Haley. Did you ever think of that?” he smiled.

I smiled back. “Well, we should get back to our homework,” I looked down at my Spanish worksheet. I really didn’t feel in the mood for homework at the moment so I sat the books on the floor and stood up. “Lets go for a walk.”

Joe looked at me. “Okay?” I helped him up and his body was only a few centimeters away from me as he stood there. “You know, you smell really good.”

“Uhm, thanks,” I blushed.

“Your welcome.”

I walked to my bedroom door, opened it, and we walked downstairs. My mom saw us and called me into the kitchen.

“So are you and Joe an item?” she asked me.

“Haha, no. We’re just friends mom.”

“Okay sweetie, but he is really cute. So where are you guys going?”

“For a walk, I’ll be back for dinner.”

“Alright, have fun.” She smiled as I walked back over to Joe.

“Come on,” I grabbed his hand and walked to the front door. I liked the feeling of holding his hand. When we made it to the door, I dropped his hand and noticed that my palms were sweaty.

Joe and I walked in the park, quietly. We stopped in the middle of the park and just stood there.

“So do you like me yet?” he asked.

I couldn’t help but blush. I looked down at my shoes and mumbled, “Yes.”

“What? I couldn’t hear you.” he smiled.

“I like you Joe! Is that loud enough?”

“Yes, that’s perfect.” He leaned in close to me and our lips were very close together. Was I seriously going to kiss him? The guy that I hated my whole life? Yes, I wanted to kiss him. Our lips connected and he gently kissed me on the lips. I was surprised when he pulled back only after a few seconds, but I was kinda relieved. I mean he didn’t care about making out with me, he just wanted to be with me. I looked down at my watch on my wrist. It was almost time for dinner. “I have to get home.”

He nodded. “Okay, I’ll see you at school tomorrow. And make sure to bring my books.”

“Yeah, bye.” I started to walk and I could feel him watching me as I left and I actually liked it because I knew he wasn’t looking at my butt. This was definitely the start of something new. I was changing the biggest player at school into a gentleman. I just hope he stays this way.

A/N: So yeah, Jakes a jerk. I got the idea for his character from some kid in my business class named Jake. He was on the football team but he's really nice and I had a crush on him at the beginning of the school year. He's a sophmore though and I'm a freshmen. So what did you guys think of this. How about 5 comments until chapter 5? So make sure to tell your friends out it :D