Chapter 5 ~ The Talk With The Mammoth

Kitty's pov~

Its been a while since the accident that occurred near the steep hill. The sun set to night, the stars twinkled as the moon shone brightly. Right now, Manny mostly is moving the sticks, logs, and many other things that are in our way. I can tell though that Manny has a thing for Ellie. I can see it in his eyes. Ellie, Crash and Eddie were playing around together happily, when suddenly i heard Diego's voice talk to Manny, "She's not half bad" making Manny look at him confusingly, Diego ducked down so he wouldn't get hid by the log. But unfortunately Sid didn't notice and got hid straight in the head, making him fall over. 

"Crazy and confused, but sweet" Diego stated softly to Manny. I was abit confused on where Diego was getting at. 

"So?" Manny asked, while turning back to do his work, making the log thats placed near Manny's tusks swing again. Diego ducked, but while Sid was getting up again, he again got hid and fall over. I kinda felt bad. 

"So... whats holding you back?" Diego asked Manny. Obvious to that the male is attracted towards the blonde Mammoth. Manny throwed the logs aside and says simple, "My family" he sighed sadly. I kind of got a feeling on what could have happened. But does that mean he already had a mate and a family? Maybe he's scared because of what happened in his past life. Manny picked up a log, but Sid came out of the hole. Im confused, i thought he was laying down next to Diego? Oh well.. Im not even going to question this.

Sid speaks softly towards Manny, "You can have that again, you know?" I sighed, it's kind of saying that he's basically replacing his own past family. And i know how that feels since i aswell experienced it.

Manny replies to Sid's comment, "No, Sid i cant" Manny bluntly stated and throws the log up in the air, threatening to throw it, with him inside it. "Okay! Okay! B-b-but think about it! If you let this chance go, you'll let your whole species go. And thats just.... Thats just... Selfish!" Sid states with a look of disgust, trying to intimidate Manny. Manny glared at Sid, and before you knew it, Sid was sent flying. I suddenly understood what was happening. And why they were trying to pursued Manny in being with Ellie. I sighed, if only Ellie knew who she really was..

I looked sadly at Manny, and walked upto him calmly "Hey Manny" i spoke up softly to him.

He looked at him "Oh, hey Kitty, whats up?" he asked me with a raised eyebrow

I smiled sadly at him "I would just like to say, that i agree with the guys" i started, making him give me a shocked look

"I may have not got a mate like you did, and a family, but i did have a pack." i started simply

"When i was a cub, my father died from being attacked by the hunters for our fur. He sacrificed himself for me and my mother. And after a while, my mom found a another mate, making him my now-new-father. At first it was like me and my mother were betraying our father. But-- after some time i understood that my mother felt lonely, and she couldn't possibly look after a cub on her own, and take care of the whole pack. You cant be alone for the rest of your life Manny, you have to move own. Thats what your mate and child would like. They would like you to start over. Even though it hurts, your not alone. Remember, you've got all of our support. Think about it Manny" i told him. I could tell he was shocked, and his eyes were slightly glossy.

I smiled reassuringly at him and left. After few minutes, Diego walked by my side. "Im sorry Kitty" Diego smiled sadly at me. "I-its okay, its in the past now Diego" i said, reassuring him that im fine. "You sure?" he questioned me kindly "Yeah, im sure Diego" i smiled kindly at him, which he returned.

"Ellie?" i heard someone speak

Me and the guys looked back, seeing Manny and Ellie walking inside a romantic-like looking place. We smiled at the sight, and carried on walking. 

Who knows, maybe the two Mammoths will finally get together! And i hope Manny's okay..