Chapter 8 ~ Finally We Can Rest, And Affections?!

Kitty's pov~

After what just happened, we had all agreed it would be the best to rest for the night. We walked for a while until we came to a forest with trees, because Sid said that he would be able to create a fire where there is wood around.

We ended up in the forest, next to a small lake for us to drink from in the morning, and Ellie insisted that we should sleep next to a tree. Next to the lake, a small tree is standing, and we checked to see if the branch is big and strong enough to hold two possums and a mammoth. Luckily, it was and we decided to camp here for the night. Me, Diego, Manny and Sid can sleep on the floor thats next to the tree, while the others can rest on the tree. 

It was quite dark tonight, and the moon was at its full glory. It was very beautiful though.

Sid had some trouble finding rocks, since he can't see in the dark, but eventually he found the right ones. He rubs them quickly together, creating sparks and a little bit of light, and he once again he shows off.

"You know, they call me 'Lord of the Flame?' That name was given to me by these two!" Sid exclaims, as he pointed at Diego and Manny.

"Just make the fire Sid" I call out to him and he then falls over from it. I shake my head in disbelief and i see Sid then pick himself up after his little fall scene.

He started to then flicker the rocks together, creating sparks and some catch fire to the sticks he has set out.

Fire is created, its small, but provides enough light and heat for all of us. 

"Let there be light!" Sid presents the fire and points at it like he has just made the most amazing thing ever. I sighed and shook my head a little, while i sat myself down.

"Wow, Sid. Amazing" i heard Diego sarcastically say as it reaches my ears. But Sid being himself, doesn't even notice that Diego's being sarcastic. 

"Thank you! Thank you!" The green sloth bows down. I giggle abit at Sid's absent-mind. The others aswell laugh at this moment, while Sid keeps on bowing while saying 'thankyou' to us.

After he stops bowing, he makes his way to a space into the circle, trying to make space for himself. He finds a spot thats next to Manny and Diego, while i find a spot next to Diego and Ellie. Crash and Eddie are currently inside the circle, looking at the fire in wonder. I lie down on my left side, while looking at the fire aswell, making me face Ellie. Diego is on his stomach and chest, as usual, and he's facing the fire. He looks like he's in a deep though. There was silence between us all, and all was heard was the crackling of the fire. The sound relaxed my ears, as it made me close my eyes and relax.

My thoughts suddenly turned to Diego. Ever since me, Ellie, Crash and Eddie joined the group, I've been feeling abit strange towards the male tiger. We've gotten close, we played and joked around with eachother. But now that i think about it, i suddenly starting to feel all fuzzy and stuff around him. Its.. unusual. I've never developed this kind of feeling for someone. But what dose it mean? My heart flutters, i get all fuzzy, i feel like i have butterflies in my stomach, i--

WAIT!! Is it that kind of feeling?!

Oh God... I'm in love in Diego! ...