Chapter 11 ~ Trapped!

Kitty's pov~

Im not going to lie, but what happened with the vultures was over-whelming. It has been a few hours, and me and the others are walking fastly to get to the boat. We were walking on this hill right now, Sid was currently leading us while me and Diego were walking together, Manny and Ellie doing the same.

Sid didn't make things easier for us all though, he kept on singing the song that the vultures were singing. It was really annoying me, and i can tell that it was annoying the others aswell. "Food glorious food!" Sid sang, making my ears tilt backwards in pure annoyance. 

"Sid!" I called out, annoyed. Sid looked at me with the 'innocent' look. "What? It's catchy" He told us with his excuse. I just rolled my eyes at him, making Diego chuckle besides me.

We all reached the top of the hill, and we all stopped dead in our tracks. A giant mountain, as tall as the ice wall, stands in the middle of the valley, and on top of the mountain is a giant wooden boat. The boat is a curved wooden layer. And we saw many, many herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores walking to the top of the mountain, trying to get a place on the boat. I sighed in relief, as we've made it just in time, before the flood happens.

"We made it" Diego's voice reached my ears, as i spotted him looking at the boat in awe and relief.

"Yeah! We showed those scary vultures!" Sid's goofy voice speaks and we all cheer in happiness from making it here. We all then started to walk.

A few steps after we started to move, heavy cracking noise can be heard. What..? Confused, i looked down, why was the sound coming from-

My thoughts were interrupted when suddenly a hot water is blasted from the ground, blocking our way towards the boat. The cracked earth breaks from the impact of the hot liquid, making our path less safe and more dangerous.

Water pillars were created rather quickly, and i was starting to lose hope a little. Why does everything have to happen to us? 

Me, Ellie and the possums scream all together in shock, as i stared into the valley infront of us. More earth gets shattered every second, destroying our path to safety.

'What should we do now?! The easy way is being destroyed and going around the valley, it will take too long!' I thought to myself panickingly

"Ah, it's just a little hot water and steam, how bad can it be?" Sid's voice interrupted my panicking thoughts. I looked in disbelieve at him, and replied, "Really Sid?! We could die by moving forward. Also, we might not be able to walk on the ground, it could be warm from the heat of the water thats below it"

i suddenly saw a dodo bird walk onto the valley. Well.. he's walking on it, so its probably not hot at all?

The dodo makes noises as he walks stupidly towards the boat. He'll be cooked if he-

My thoughts were suddenly paused when the dodo bird blows up and shoots into the sky, as the pillar explodes in heat. As soon as the water dies down, the dodo comes back down, but not as a dodo-but as a cooked meal.

"I just did something involuntary... And missed" Sid speaks guiltily

Manny starts to walk forward-wait, why is he moving forward?! Does he have a death wish or something?!

"Alright! Come one!" Manny speaks to us confidently. Is.He.Insane?! Does he want us all to end up like the dodo bird??

The rest of us stay behind, not trusting the brown-furred mammoth's words.

When he walks a few steps, he tries to shuffle, to make sure that the ground is good to walk on. But when he takes a few steps forward, he suddenly screams, making me jump. Another blast was created, but Manny luckily didn't get hit- but was close enough.