Chapter 20

Arial clutched her pencil that was in her hand. It was the end of the semester and it was time to receive her final test results.

"You nervous?" She heard the voice of the person that seemed to irritate her more than she could ever imagine.

"No" she scoffed

"Then why you shaking for?" He asked.

"Curtis get yo young self out my face." She told him.

"You always say I'm young, but you don't even know me." She just rolled her eyes.

She got her print off and was afraid to look at it.
"You did great I know it." He said warmly to her

"I doubt it. I know you did though you know this stuff like the back of your hand."

"I knew a lot true, but you know more than you think you do. You doubt yourself too much."

"I'm not doubting I'm just talking facts Curtis." She Said simply before she went to turn over her packet to check out her results.

"Hold up, hold up. Let's make a bet."

"I'm listening." She said ready to take his money at any game he was willing to play.  That's one thing about Arial; she loved a good bet.

"If your score is higher the mine you have to let me take you on a date."

"And if It's not I'll give you 100 dollars." He held his hand out waiting for her to shake it.

"It's a bet." She said.

"We're gonna flip the papers over on the count of three...1...2...3" they both quickly flipped their paper over and Arial to her surprise received a 99. She was shocked. She really did know more than she thought she did. On Curtis paper his score read 95% She cursed herself, because she really didn't want to go on a date with him. He was so young and she knew he was immature.

"So what you wanna eat?" He asked with a smirk. She rolled her eyes.

"How about something simple. I like seafood." She admitted.

"Alright I'll pick you up tonight at 7."

Arial reluctantly agreed. She really wasn't in the mood or in the right place for dating. She had been with CJ for 10 years she didn't even know how it felt to really be alone. She wanted to experience the single life for a while.  Not only was she not ready to date she couldn't get over the fact that Curtis was just too young for her. She didn't have time for immaturity. A bet was a bet though, and she was gonna hold up her end and after that she was gonna keep her distance. She wasn't gonna keep falling for the little  boy's games. She had no time.

After class was over Arial had gathered all of her things and went to her brothers house. She used her key to open his front door. She found Anthony on the sofa with a beer in his had.

She looked at her twin brother he was really handsome. He had dark chocolate smooth skin just like Arial. A nicely shaped and trimmed beard. He rocked a nice fade. His dark brown Almond shaper eyes went perfectly with his pearly white teeth. Anthony's best feature was his eyes. He loved the gym so his muscular 6'1.5 frame drove anyone insane. Looking at Anthony you wouldn't be able to tell that he batted for the other team. Anthony wasn't a flamboyant gay male. He moved with ease and carried hisself in the correct manner to uphold his perfect image. He was single and just stacking his paper. He had no time for relationships at the moment. Don't get things twisted though he got his rocks off when he needed to making sure to always use protection.

"How was class?" Anthony asked before gulping down the last little bit of his beer.

"It was okay"