Twelve

Portia hadn't been back to school in nearly a month. She had only been home from the facility for a two days when Finn barged into her room begging for answers. Answers she didn't want to give, but answers he deserved. She starred at him as he sat next to her on her bed.

"What's going on, Portia?"

"I had bad thoughts."

"What do you mean?"

"I wanted to hurt myself. So I went away to get help. They got me on new meds that seem to be working and I'm feeling better so I thought it was time to come home."

"Why the hell would you want to hurt yourself?"

"The thought just passes through my mind from time to time. How easy it would be to given into the demons in my head and then a memory of someone I love passes through my mind and the two battle and sometimes the demon wins and sometimes it doesn't." Finn didn't say a single word, he just grabbed onto Portia and held her. She grasped at the back of his shirt and pulled him in closer.

"Are you truly better?"

"I'll never be cured if that's the answer you're looking for. I'll forever be plagued by this illness. Just sometimes it's easier to through then others."

"Let's focus on the now and remember I'll always be here in the future whenever you need it."

"Bring me up to speed on what I've missed."

"Rachel and I were dating and then I broke up with her to go on a date with Santana and Brittany which was a disaster and tried to get back with Rachel but now she's dating this Jessie kid from Vocal Adrenaline who transferred to our school just to be with her. What else? Oh! Artie and Tina are dating. But we all missed you. When are you coming back?"

"I thinking about doing it Monday. I have missed so much. Figgins has been very accommodating with the work."

"Everyone is gonna be so excited to see you. We were all worried. Mercedes wouldn't tell us where you were. Just that you were sick."

"Mr. Schu knows all about it. When I missed for a week after the boys vs girls thing I was having a manic episode and didn't get out of bed. Please don't tell anyone. I don't need to be babysat by my friends."

"I won't say anything to anyone. But what are you gonna tell them?"

"I was sick. End of story." Finn gave her a look, "want to stay for dinner?"

"Hell yeah!" the two continued talking until Portia's mother called them down for dinner. They sat next to each other at the table while Mercedes sat across from Portia.

"I wasn't purposefully hiding it from you Finn. Nor did she get kidnapped like you suggested. And we didn't send her away to boarding school for being a lesbian."

"You thought I was a lesbian?" Portia asked.

"Conversion camp was on his list of many ideas of where you went." Mercedes said.

"We would never send her away for something like that. God loves all of his children." Portia's mom said causing the girl to smile.

"Coach Sylvester has been asking where you've been also. So you might want to talk to her. She's called here a couple times." Mercedes mentioned. Portia sighed at the thought of having to explain mental illness to such an ignorant woman but she'd do it if it kept her on the Cheerio's.

"I figured tomorrow, we could go get your hair done." her mother said, "maybe a new look would help pick up your spirits." she knew her mother was trying to help, and she liked the idea of going back to school on Monday with a fresh hairstyle.