10

it's the next school day, seungmin is taking books from his bag and shoving them into his locker as he whistles. waiting for felix, it's brunch so they have twenty minutes to eat their little breakfast or snacks. feeling a tap on his shoulder, he thinks he's felix so he immediately turns.

"fe—! you're not lix."

he smiles, "I walked all around school to find you..do I look dusty?"

seungmin shakes his head, "nope! you look great. I love the white button up with the black jeans. definitely your style."

hyunjin nods, "good..I thought you'd like it."

seungmin giving a thumbs up, he gives the boy a wide grin. "I mean, you'd look good in anything. you can wear a trash bag to school and I'd paid to see your pictures to be put in a magazine!"

"now you're over doing it seungmin." as hyunjin clutches onto his bag's strap, sighing.

"nope! just being me, you really are handsome jinnie. I'm glad you're coming to school now."

hyunjin brushes a part of hair from his face. "t—thanks.."

"you've been stuttering a lot. it's really cute." seungmin points out, "want to hang out with me today!"

"it seems as if you were looking for another friend. maybe I should just—"

seungmin clings onto hyunjin's forearm, "don't go. remember what I told you?"

hyunjin gulps, nodding. he's overthinking things and he feels as if all eyes are on them. because, they are. he could hear their whispers, their insults on how he's a bad apple.

hyunjin might seem like the strong type. the one to keep his emotions in till it's the right time to detonate. but as he looks into seungmin's eyes, they're pleading for him to stay. he wants to, of course he wants to.

but does everyone else want him to?

"a—are you sure.." his voice is a soft whisper.

"of course I am jinnie! I'm always straight forward and serious when it comes to you. you know that right?"

hyunjin's head falls down and a small smile creeps on his face. "why..it's so weird to have someone care for me like this.."

"why is it weird?"

the boy shrugs, "because it feels nice to feel wanted by someone..I guess."

"really?" seungmin questions, "jinnie, do you have something to say?"

"it's really hard to speak to you in public. I'm use to the cold mornings, the bench that fits the both of us and—"

"the smoking?"

hyunjin shakes his head, "no smoking."

"but you smoke?"

hyunjin builds up the courage to wrap his hands around seungmin's waist. he pulls him close and whispers, "not anymore. because—"

"because.." seungmin snuggles his face into the crook of hyunjin's neck, "you're warm jinnie."

as hyunjin feels a pang in his heart, all he can do is laugh. "because of you seungmin, it's all because of you."