chapter 19

"Please, sit" Garnet says calmly, for once. You and preston both sit down on the ugly green leather couch. " Zoe, i know we have history but If you're gonna be staying here we need to talk about it." "I don't need to say shit to you" anger starting to rise in your voice.

" Well Seeing as this place is more secure than probably any other place and you two must not have anywhere to go- i suggest dropping the attitude unless you wanna live in the white room until you rot." " We do have somewhere to be." "where?" "none of your damn business." you snarl.

"You have a sister don't you? She still alive?" "Hardly." "We could bring her here. Take care of her. Bring her back to health. You just need to say where she is." "Why should i trust you? After all the bullshit you put me through?" "You don't need to tell me then. But tell Elaine or jack. They'll keep it secret where she is and go get her." You rolled your eyes at how ridiculous he sounds.

"I don't necessarily trust any of your people to get my sister." "Then she'll die without you." "Go to hell." "There's no room left in hell. Why do you think the dead are roaming the earth?" "Cus people like you caused it." "Elaine!" Garnet yells. The scrawny blonde woman rushes in the room. She's definitely afraid of him.

"Find Zoe's sister." "What's her name?" you stay silent a moment and look at preston. He nods. "isabella." "Where is she?" "She doesn't want me to know so she'll have to whisper it or write it down." Elaine comes over to you and you tell her where isabella is "Alright. That's a ways away may not be back til tomorrow." "Then take all the supplies you need." "Yes sir" Elaine pronounces loudly and walks out of the room.

"You'll get all your stuff back tomorrow. You'll be moved to the otherside of the building where theres lots of fun colors and rainbows! Instead of all white rooms to drive you insane." "Im already fucking out of it." "i know you are. Preston over here? He seems normal." "After spending so much time with this one,i most certainly am not."

Garnet smiles at that. That's the first time you've ever seen him smile and have light in his eye. But you still don't trust that he's a changed person. You won't trust him ever.

"Take it easy on hot water. There's schedules all over the building for everything but you'll get your own personal one as well." "What is this? Prison?" "It's like a sanctuary, refugee camp. Everyone has their jobs if they wanna survive, Dont they?" "I guess." you say quietly. "You can go now." With that you and preston stood up quickly and walked out of the room.

"I should of killed him while it was just the three of us." preston whispers looking back. "He isn't worth it. Not yet." "But he-" "i know what he did pres. I was the victim. So was that woman and probably many others. People like that exist in this world and we can't get rid of them." "I just want you to feel safe for once." preston says pressing his forehead against yours. "i feel safe everytime you're around. Even when you make me upsetti spaghetti." you both laugh and start walking down the stairs.