Can we be friends? - Harshad

After responding to her uncle's text, she put her phone on the table and smiled. She then heard few girls shouting Harshad's name which made her look in the way he came. The rushed to him before he could even take a step. Jenny felt annoyed and mumbled to herself, "Ugh..He came here too!". The girls drooled over him like the bees drool over honey. They started flirting with him with every chance they get, Harshad tried to get rid of them. But he eventually got away from them. Some of them willingly exchanged their numbers with him. Jenny watched this all with her side eye and pretended not to see. She felt irritated. She then continued to mind her business. She took her book out and decided not to entertain herself with all those bullshits. Harshad noticed Jenny the entire time as she was sitting alone . He noticed how she was holding herself to avoid him. He managed to get away from the girls and walked towards Jenny leaving all of them behind. Jenny got herself immersed into her work and she didn't notice Harshad stepping towards her. Harshad got close to her. He placed his one hand on the table to make her look up and he leaned close towards her face. She suddenly chinned up and realized he was standing in front of her, that too close enough to steal a kiss!

Harshad, "Can I join?" asked her in a gentle tone. She noded her head with discomfort. He then dragged a chair and sat beside her. Jenny had no idea what he was going to do this time. Harshad, "Hi Jenny!" with a limited smile.

Jenny looked at him with anger, "Oh, how suprising! you do know my name".

Harshad exhaled a smile at Jenny. He rested his chin in his hand on the table. She stared at him looking for a response.

Harshad, "what are you doing?" and raised his eyebrows.

Jenny, "well, don't you see I'm busy with my work?" . she said it with an annoyed face.

Harshad, "Um.. I'm not asking that" .

Jenny, " Then what?".

Harshad leaned forward and gazed deep into her eyes, "I know what you are thinking about" .

Jenny, "Ugh., what do you mean?".

Harshad leaned more closer to her and made her nervous.

Harshad, "Do you know something?".

Jenny looked at him with curiousity. She could'nt able to keep up with anger as her heart started racing every next second he's leaning close towards her.

Harshad, " I purposely ignored you this morning, because I just wanted to make you feel something for me. And I succeeded in my attempt!" His eyes spoke more than his words. It was intense.  Jenny was surprised as he admitted that he ignored her to seek attention. No one would ever admit to that, but he did. She was impressed with his weird charm. She couldn't help but feel the tension in the air. She looked away from his eyes, trying to break the eye contact as she's blushed.

He continued to speak , " I'm actually scared now. What if the lie which I told yesterday on stage, actually become  true!?!". He smiled at her seducingly and gazed into her eyes.. He stood up from his chair after saying that. He tilted his head sidewards and smirked at her. He then walked away. Before he left he turned back and waved at her making everyone to think that there's something fueling between them. He throwed his bag and catched it as it flew back. Jenny couldn't take away her eyes from him. She exhaled heavily. She rolled her eyes with confusion. Julie returned to the table with juice. She saw Harshad leaving. She placed the drinks on table and called Jenny. Jenny didn't respond. She couldn't hear Julie's voice as she was still shooked by his words. Julie shaked Jenny's shoulder which brought her sense back. Jenny blinked her eyes and looked at Julie. 

Julie, " What happened? Did he say something to you?"

Jenny replied, "Nope, nothing !" with a confused voice.

On the night, Jenny and Julie were at thier room. Julie came from the washroom and hopped on to the bed. She pulled the blanket to cover before dozing off to sleep. Jenny kept roaming in the balcony restlessly. She hold her hands together and stretched all her fingers out . Julie called her to bed before she fell asleep. She refused and told she wanted to get some air.  Julie felt asleep.

Jenny couldn't stop thinking about Harshad. Her thoughts were filled with him. She couldn't able to figure his words , but she knew he wasn't normal. she questioned herself,  "what does he mean by that? This is not easy as it looks. How can a guy make a move like this so fast? He must be just teasing me. Am I just over thinking? Maybe I should just ignore him from now, that's the best I can do. Lot of questions raised through her mind. She went to bed and exhausted to sleep. 

The very next morning, Jenny got to the class where Harshad was already sitting at her place. She was shocked and walked towards another seat to avoid him. Harshad stood up from his place and went close to Jenny, he sat next to her as if he belong next to her without waiting for an approval. He sat there like he owned the rights over her. Jenny looked at him with surprise.

Harshad: "Don't tell me that you want to take revenge on me now! " .

Jenny, "For what exactly and why should I ?".

Harshad, "I know you are trying to avoid me the way I avoided you yesterday !
Am I not right?" .

Jenny, "why should I avoid you? and who Am I to avoid you, we are not even friends yet and I don't have any personal vengeance with you". 

Harshad, "Then......, can we be friends?" , he extended his hand to her and bit his lower lips like a kid asking for a candy with pity face.

'Why is it so seductive when he bit his lips like that..ugh ' Her mind rushed with crazy thoughts. She came back to sense.

Jenny looked at his hand and asked, " I see what you are doing... So , this is how you trick people and turn them into your friends. Nice try!! ".

Harshad nod his head vertically and looked at her hand asking for a shaken. She adored his cuteness.

They both laughed. Jenny shooked his hand and they smiled at each other.

( Does Harshad really mean it? Will things be easy as it looks?
Will they be friends for long or do you think destiny has other plans for them?
To know more, stay tuned!!!)