A day out

The preparations for cultural had started among the students. They were busy decorating all over the campus. Different teams were allocatted for different works. 'Blacksquad' was the music band they had in the campus. Jenny was a partial member of the band as she preferred academics over extracurriculars. She entered the practice hall where the band members were gathered. Harshad was also part of the band now as he was trained with musical instruments in his previous college and it wasn't easy for him to join the band as they were hooked at his charms. They were about to start their practice. Jenny was the lead singer and she could also play instruments like guitar and piano in between. Everyone in the band were well experienced and they handled their parts well. After the morning practice, Harshad asked Jenny and Julie to join him for lunch. They went to a restaurant by his car. Harshad was constantly looking at Jenny and she couldn't help but blush. Julie noticed the tension between them and understood something was going on. She smiled at them and played along casually. They sat in a table, waiting for the waiter to take the order. Julie diverted the lovey-dovey gazes Jenny and Harshad exchanged each other by speaking random things. She secretly enjoyed teasing them.

Julie: " Guys, can we please order something already, I'm starving to death! "

Harshad called the waiter. They finally ordered some food.

Julie: "Oh right, I was about to tell you guys something.. Hmm I have invited a friend over for lunch"

Jenny: " who's this friend?, I'm pretty sure I know all of your friends"

Julie: "you don't know this one, he'll be joining us any minute now"

Jenny noticed the unexplainable blush Julie had on her face when she said this.

Harshad: "Alright , what's the name of your friend? "

Julie: "Ashwin is his name"

Jenny: "and it's a guy? "

Harshad: "And here I thought, I would get to meet a girl and have her intro...Tch..Tch...How disappointing-"

Harshad swallowed the word before he could complete, realising the death stares he was getting from Jenny's direction when he said this. He chuckled at her and secretly enjoyed her jealousy.

Julie: "There he comes!", she raised and waved her hands towards the entrance.

Harshad and Jenny turned to greet him. Ashwin walked towards them. Harshad got up from his chair. Ashwin ran towards Harshad and hugged him. Harshad banged Ashwin's head with his hand and Ashwin locked his arm around neck to squeeze. They seemed like best friends who have been lost.

Jenny and Julie were surprised and they had no idea on what was going on. They stopped messing with each other's neck around their arms and hugged each other.

Julie: "Excuse me guys ! Care to explain what's happening? Have you met each other before? "

They laughed at Julie.

Ashwin: "what are you even asking?...you tell her Harshad! "

Harshad: " I hate to admit, but this crackhead is my childhood bestie, we have known each other for years. We are meeting after so many days"

Ashwin: " This dumbhead's dad and my dad are in the same business. They are best buddies too. They did a hi-fi with their hands.

Jenny and Julie were surprised and felt happy.

Jenny : "This turned out best, let's celebrate the reunion".

Julie: "Actually I wanted to tell you something Jenny, which I didn't tell you for so long, I never planned to hide this from you, but I just couldn't find the perfect time. Now the timing feels so right, so-"