King Munmu

People wisp around me as I stopped and admired one the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. The floors were marbled, there were beautiful carved columns with vines wrapped effortlessly around them and climbed up the walls where cascades of water fell on to a glass bed of rocks that homed multicolored koi fish.
"Good afternoon miss. Is there anything I can help you with?"
A middle aged concierge snapped me out of my admiration for the cascade.
"Hello, I am here to book a room for one week".
The concierge tried hiding his judgmental look as he scanned me from head to toe.
I know, I know, I don't blend in here I said inwardly. I rolled my eyes to the side and thinned my lips as I waited for a response.
"I see, well I can help you carry your luggage as you book your room" he explained.

"Thank you". I handed over my luggage and started walking towards the clerk.

" Hello, how may I be of assistance to you?" A beautiful girl greeted me with bright white teeth and dark black hair. Unlike the concierge she seemed nice and welcoming.

I took out the letter and the email I was sent and showed her that I had won a competition that allowed me to stay at this hotel for one week. The process seemed to take forever. The clerk had to call management and then many calls later I was given the key to my room.

I got a room in the 7th floor and was amazed from the entrance of the hotel to the engraved mirrored elevator ride to the artistic hallways. Whoever designed this building truly was an artist so much effort and beautiful details adorned the building. This was truly a hotel for the rich.

I opened the door to what I expected would be a room but turned out to be a suite. I took out my phone and started recording as I walked inside the suite. The suite resembled an apartment than hotel. The room i walked into was a cream color. I first walked into a small living room that had white couches a black stand the supported a plasma TV. To my left a state of the art gourmet kitchen that was suited for a skilled chef.

To my right there was a small hallway with two doors. I opened the first one and it was a stone walled bathroom that was bigger than my room back home. The bathroom had a stoned walled shower and next to it a jacuzzi that could fit five people. The bathroom had a wide vanity with two glass bowl like sinks and waterfall faucets. Followed by a huge mirror. There was a door that led to a linen closet that was filled with super soft towels and satin sheets and pillow covers of all colors, soaps and shampoos of every scent. It even had hair products like hair spray oils shaving cream and razor blades. It's going to take a lot for me to leave this place.

I walk out and open the next door. All I could say was WOW!!
A king size bed covered in a satin duvet and many pillows laid across the room. The walls were decorated with depictions of south Korea's culture. The lamps were made from glass and had lotus flowers within the lamps. Another plasma TV faced the bed. There was a door that led to a huge walking closet. It was a room made for a princess.

I stopped recording and sent the video to my mom. I put my phone on one of the nightstands, took off my shoes and ran to the bed and leaped on it.
I rolled around the bed excitedly knocking down pillows. I stood up on the bed as I jumped up and down the bed and giggled with glee because I felt like I had just won the lottery.

Suddenly I heard knocking at the door I right away jumped off the bed and carelessly ran to the door. I answered it with a huge smile. A different concierge greeted me with a smile and had a funny expression on his face. I shrugged it off and let him in as he had brought my luggage. He left me with many touristic pamphlets and a menu. I thanked him as he left and I closed and locked the door.

I couldn't decide if I should order food and go through the pamphlets or if I should take a shower. I have the rest of the day to either rest or go out and explore. . I should at least rest since tomorrow is Hyeong Jun concert but I decided not to, I'm in South Korea for crying out load this is a one time in a lifetime opportunity. I can rest later.
I walked into the bathroom ready to shower when I see my reflection on the mirror. It is no wonder the concierge looked at me funny. My hair was a disaster. My hair was sticking out in all different directions. It looked like a bird had nested in my hair. How embarrassing all I could do now was to take a shower.
After an hour of relaxing in the beautiful shower I felt heavenly. I put on some shorts and a cute shirt and straightened my hair and put a light coat of makeup. I grabbed my purse and some cash I had brought with me and headed out.

I looked through some pamphlets to see if I could find a good place to visit but I knew where I wanted to go. I wanted to go to Seoul's market. I waived to a taxi and thankfully we were able to communicate.
The market was buzzing with people. I stopped at a table that had different gems for sale. They were all beautiful. I wanted to get something for Hyeong Jun with the hope that I would be able to give it to him in person. I chose a Black beaded necklace that had a frosted turquoise bead with a dragon drawn on it. It caught my attention because of the dragon. It had Hangul written on it and I asked the lady who was selling it if she could translate it. Instead she told me a story.
" Ah yes you have chosen the dragon of the east, Munmu. The dragón Munmu is said to have the power of protection. Long ago king Munmu waged war in the Eastern sea to free his country from enemies who treated his land poorly. He won the war and unified lands together creating Korea. Due to war King Munmu never married until much later when he found a beautiful maiden. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. The kings people and her own people called her Jae Hwa which means beauty and respect. He fell madly in love with her and she became his queen. Unfortunately, their love didn't last as unfortunate events started occurring to the king. Eventually these events took a toll on him and he became ill and passed away. The queen was brutally harassed by all because they blamed her for the kings demise.Despite the bad omens and the cries of the kings people to leave his queen the kings love for his queen never wavered. He promised her that he would always protect her. The heavens blessed him for his bravery and kindness, he became the dragon of the east forever protecting the love of his life and his kingdom".

Tears streamed down my face as she finished the story. It was such a beautiful and sad story that I got caught in the emotional roller coaster. One of the tears that was clinging to my chin fell on the beaded necklace. As soon as it hit the dragon the bead lit up. The woman gasped as did I. We both stared at it to see if it would do it again but it never did. We both looked up at each other and she smiled at me.

"Miss, this necklace is meant for you it is calling to you. You do not have to pay me for it but please promise me you'll take good care of it".
I was still in shock that I couldn't talk so I just shook my head. She gave me a velvet pouch to put the necklace in and I but it in my purse. I thanked her and continued walking in the market.
I got back to the hotel after spending all afternoon in the market. I bought a cute scarf, a cherry blossom fan for my mom and cute head pieces for Ash. I ate so much food that I didn't think I would be able to ever eat again. I placed all my items in my room and laid in my bed.

I thought about the necklace I got for Hyeong Jun and the story behind it. I decided to write the story and put in the pouch with the necklace. I want to keep the story alive. There is love and there is true love and I believe this story is true love.
Hyeong Jun has a pure heart and I believe he would appreciate this story and hopefully he'll treasure it and take good care of it. I wash up and put my pajamas on. I lay the velvet pouch on the night stand that was closest to me and turned off the lights.
Tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life I can't wait to see Hyeong Jun. With that I close my eyes and fall asleep. I dreamed of King Munmu and Jae Hwa and turned their sad story into a happily ever after.