Memories

5 years ago...

I am so tired of watching the same shows. I scanned all the potential shows that I might like but whenever I watched the trailer they didn't satisfy my longing for something new.

I continued to scroll through the endless menu. Nothing was pleasing me. I decided to search for a romantic show. One of them caught my eye. Girl falls in love with popular guy at school, guy doesn't like the girl. It was a typical romantic story but my favorite type. The only difference was that it was a South Korean show, my first korean tv show.

First episode
"Are you serious how rude can you be", I yelled at the main leading guy. All she wanted was for you to know how much you meant to her. How dare you check her grammar its a love letter that is meant for you not some assignment and then you go and call her dumb. Ugh I don't like this leading guy.

Second episode
I can't believe her house broke down and now she has to live with her crush. I think I would have a heart attack. Where's a sink hole when you need one.

14 episodes later...
I'm in love with the main lead. He had a horrible personality at first but now I understand him. I love the way he protects his girl and is always scolding her. He is so charming, beautiful and loving in his own way.
I want more  shows with this guy he's a perfect actor.

I start looking for more shows and find a couple of more that has him in it. He's just as beautiful as the first show. I binge watch every show he did and my heart swelled with love and appreciation for each character he played. A bad ass fighter in the 1930's, a rich boy who is part of a group of prestige school boys and then the popular guy at school. He played every character flawlessly. How can someone be so perfect and appealing?

Just as I found his shows it came all to an end because he only made a few and I had become addicted I wanted more but there were no more. My days had turned into a full month of binge watching. I hadn't gone out with Ash my mom had been knocking in my bedroom door every night after work to see if I was ok. I was more than perfectly fine I had found the guy of my dreams and that's all I could ever ask for.

The next day I went to school and I could feel eyes piercing right through me but every time I would turn to see who was watching me everyone would look away. What's going on?

I notice Ash standing by her locker. I call out to her and wave she reciprocated with a wave. As I approach her, her beautiful smile started to fade and her eyes changed to a concern look.

"Hey Ash", I say cheerfully.
"Oh my gosh Bella what happened to you?"
I was confused with the question. Nothing is wrong. I start looking down at my shoes did I bring the wrong shoes? Are my clothes weird? I know I did my hair today.  I look up to her in confusion and bring up my shoulders as to say I don't know what you're talking about?

"Your face, she points out. You have the biggest and darkest circles under your eyes. You look like a skeleton who hasn't slept in years".
I might have skipped a couple of dinners and maybe I might have gone without food for a couple of days but a skeleton seriously I couldn't have lost that much weight.

I roll my eyes at her and raise my eyebrow at her. "Ash it is not that bad. I found some awesome shows and binged watch for awhile". I think the sleepless nights took a toll on my face and now that it has accumulated makeup isn't enough to cover up the dark circles.

"Bella it is bad. Even with the makeup you're wearing you can still see them".

"Don't worry about it Ash. I finished all of them already and I can't wait to show them to you. If I love them I know you'll love them" I tell her excitedly.
She smiled and shook her head. She knew me all to well when I love something I put my whole being into it.