A New Beginning

After what happened with Matt I was nervous to go back to school and I had to convinced myself that I did the right thing. As I walked the hallways I was expecting people to jump out of the corners and tell me that I was a horrible person for what I did to Matt but as I walked the crowded hallways no one turned to look at me. Everyone was busy doing their everyday tasks. I must have really scared Matt but I still didn't let my guard down.

I met Ash in front of one our Math class, she looked just as worried as I was.

"Hey Ash. I waived and then gave her a hug. She got close to my ear and whispered

"Bella it's too quiet and I haven't seen Matt".

"I know Ash it is too quiet, just don't let your guard down who knows what will happen".

She nodded and we headed inside our classroom. The day went by fast and I hadn't seen Matt at all. My anxiousness from not knowing what his next move was spiking uncontrollably.

"Stop worrying Bella, maybe he feels guilty for what he did and too embarrassed to come to school".

I look at Ash incredulous. She's kidding right we're talking about Matt the guy who almost took advantage of me last night.

"Matt embarrassed? Yeah right that guy has a super inflated ego and believes the world is his".
Ash shrugs as we walk to my car. I unlock the doors and we both get in. I put the car in reverse and push the gas. I hit the break hard and send Ash flying to the dashboard. A black Mercedes Benz blocked my way suddenly. I've seen this car before it looks like Matt's car from last night.

"I'm sorry Ash are you ok? She nodded "what happened?
"I think Matt just blocked my way that's the same car Matt had last night".

"Bella don't get off just stay in the car".

"We can't stay in here for ever".
I open the door and walk towards the black car. My heart is beating a million times per second. As I approach the car the drivers window starts going down. To my surprise it's Kathia.

I could breath again. Maybe she came to put me in jail for what I did to Matt. After all she does work for his family. I keep my guard up because in these types of situations you shouldn't trust no one.

"Hey Kathia. Why did you block my way?"

"Wow you truly don't have remorse do you"?

I just stare at her not giving her any emotions. Confirming to her that I didn't care.

"Bella do you know what time Matt got home?He got home at 10 in the morning. He was limping, had mosquito bites all over his hands neck and face, bruises on his arms and legs. A huge bite mark on his shoulder and a swollen sack".

As she listed all the wounds I caused Matt her voice pitched higher and higher. I stood their emotionless because I didn't feel guilty nor afraid for what I did. If she wants to press charges fine. We'll see who goes to jail.

"If his father were here you would have already been hauled to jail no questions asked.

Suddenly her voice softened.
"Lucky for you I'm here and I'm not going to take you to jail. I'm sorry for complicating your relationship with Matt. I can't tell you all the details right now but maybe sometime in the future. I have convinced Matt to go back to Ohio and finish his schooling over there". "Live your life without worries you won't be seeing Matt anytime soon. Take care Bella".

I had no words for her other than Thank you. I gave her a hug filled with appreciation. She drove off probably leaving to Ohio with Matt. I walked back to my car speechless and shocked.