8 || 𝙎 𝙈 𝘼 𝘾 𝙆 𝘿 𝙊 𝙒 𝙉

𝙽𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎 - 𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

Nothing.

That's all I felt.

I felt like a USSS agent again.

"Show no fear."

"Keep a stoic demeanour."

"You are one with the shadows."

I remembered Oprah's words, back when she was my training officer.

"Don't let your heart guide you, emotions are a distraction."

I pulled out a picture that was tucked away in my pocket.

Steve had given it to me as a housewarming gift, and I copied it to take along with me.

**FLASHBACK**

𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 - 𝟷:𝟶𝟶𝚙𝚖 (𝟸 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘)

I hummed along to the to the radio as I swept. All of a sudden, the door bell rang.

"Hold on, I'll be right there!"

I tossed the broom and made a beeline for the door. A man stood there but his face was blocked by a little box he was holding up.

"Deeeeelivery for Sergeant Swagger!!" the strangely enthusiastic voice sang.

"Aha, that's me," I smiled, confused.

I took the box from his hands, only to see Steve giggling behind it.

"Oh you little shit! I should have recognised the cargo pants and smelt the dislike for 'human touch'." I laughed.

"Oh no, you've been talking to Danny."

"Well yes, Commander, I happen to work with him. I sincerely hope this isn't a box of ammo, or a pair of cargo pants, or-"

Steve put his hand over my mouth, "Just open it before I rip my ears off."

I pushed his hand away, then proceeded to open the box. I pulled out a pretty silver frame, with a picture of the entire 5-0 team: The high tech screen was behind us, Steve was standing in the middle and I sat on his shoulders, holding my badge triumphantly in the air. Kono had her arm on Steve's shoulder and Chin stood beside her. Danny stood on the other side of Steve with Lou. On the floor, Jerry, Max and Eric lay in compromising positions. It was hilarious, but I absolutely loved it.

"Oh my gosh," I burst out laughing. "This is amazing! Steve, you shouldn't have!"

He smiled, pulling me into a hug, "You're welcome, and I made one for the whole team."

I pulled away and smirked, "Look at you being all nice, with a dash of human touch."

"Heh, real funny, but the box isn't empty."

I frowned, reaching into the box and pulled out another frame. It was a picture of Steve and I, in our uniforms at a military honorary party. Steve held up a plastic Captain America shield in the air, and I was laughing.

"Aww, look at us, Captain America and Jamie Bond."

I turned to Steve and smiled. His blue eyes bore into mine, reminding me of the time we first met.

"Heh, so," I attempted to wash away any awkwardness, "Thanks, I really like it. What's the occasion?"

He took a step closer to me, "I never got you a house warming gift."