2 9 || 𝙊 𝙑 𝙀 𝙍

And it was at that moment that I grabbed what few belongings I had with me, hopped on a plane to Hawaii and never looked back...

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝙰𝙳𝚇  𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎  𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗  [𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝]

Blistering white lights blinded me as I was brought back into my present thoughts. I tried to move, but something kept me in place. 

What?

I looked down and saw thick leather straps around my legs, arms, and body, tying me to a chair. There were iron casts around my feet and hands, keeping me in place. A muzzle was strapped across my lower face. I moved my eyes only, trying to look around the room. The blank white walls stared back at me. 

It was at that moment when I remembered.

"Malcolm?"

"Sergeant Swagger. It's been a long time, what, about a year now?"

"W-what are you doing here? P-put your weapons down! This is 5-0 territory!"

"Commander McGarrett has been shot, and is unconscious and critically wounded."

"Sergeant Seraphina Swagger, you are under arrest for espionage and treason against your country."

I blinked backs tears as someone walked in. Malcolm sat across the table and smiled at me. 

"Comfy, Sergeant?"

I glared back at him.

He asked a guard to remove the muzzle. I tried to bite back at him, but a leather strap that was fastened around my neck held me back.

"What the hell?!!" I yelled at Malcolm, "WHAT THE HELL LET ME GO!!!!" I started screaming at him, letting the angry tears flow out.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Sergeant. President's orders."

"WHERE IS STEVE!?"

He chuckled, "I'm not here to talk about Commander McGarrett. I'm here to talk about the terms of your trial."

"WHERE AM I?!"

"Sergeant, you know what you did. Now you must face the music. It seems like 5-0 has a legal representative, Odell Martin... a barber? HA!" he laughed at me.

"WHERE IS STEVE!?"

"I am sure you know how it works. You will of course, plead guilty, the judge will decide on a term, probably life, and then you'll live out the rest if your days in this wonderful establishment, ADX Florence," he gave me a sickly smile.

"THIS WILL NEVER WORK OUT! YOU'LL PAY YOU SON OF A BITCH!!"

Malcolm smiled at me, "It's over, Sergeant. I'll see you again soon."

"WAIT DON'T YOU LEAVE! WHERE IS STEVE! HEY!! MMMFSHH-" I screamed just before the guards put the muzzle back on me. Something sharp pierced the skin of my neck.

My body relaxed and my thoughts slowly dissolved...

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜  𝙼𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕  𝙲𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎 [𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝]

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Steve and Danny lay on their adjacent beds, in a hospital room littered with balloons and get well soon flowers. Danny has so graciously given his kidney to Steve so he could survive the near-fatal shootout. The team sat with them. 

"Wait, it's another card... for Steve," Kono shuffled through a pile of cards.

"Oh Jesus," Danny sighed and rolled his eyes.

"A DEA task force is busy shutting down the whole operation as we speak," Grover walked in. 

"Hey, uh, so I know someone has to do the paperwork, but can't we lay it off tonight? Call Fin, tell her to come to the hospital," Steve asked them.

Little did he know that they all lied about the paperwork...

*FLASHBACK*

"Sergeant Seraphina Swagger, you are under arrest for espionage and treason against your country."

Everybody reeled as Fin allowed the men to cuff her.

"Go guys please, just go get Steve and Danny-"

"Fin no! What is going on?" Abby yelled back.

"Nothing, just please, this is nothing, just go get Steve-"

"Absolutely not! Let her go!" Kono pushed the one of the men aside.

"No, Kono, go, JUST GO! I'll be fine! Please, just promise me you'll save him-"

Jerry tried to tackle down one of the men but Fin stood in his way, "EVERYBODY JUST STOP! Promise me whatever happens, you go save Steve, you DON'T come find me and... tell Steve that I'm sorry."

"Seraphina? What did you do?" Grover asked, sadness written across his face.

"I lied to you all. And I know you could never forgive me, but I really am sorry. I did it to protect you and... maybe to protect myself as well. But I need you to go to the beach and get Steve and Danny. Please... just go."

The team stood before Steve and Danny as they all recalled the events. 

"Fin was arrested." 

"WHAT?!"

"For espionage and treason." 

"And we don't know where she is." 

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

Woah it's happening y'all. Sorry that this one had to be low key depressing and quite short too, but the tea is gonna get spilled in the next few chapters!!! 

Stay smooth y'all - Aunty Linika