1 1 || 𝘿 𝙊 𝘿 𝙂 𝙀

𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛  𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 - 𝟻:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖

I looked out into the distance, observing the view from the back porch. The boys decided to stay in Hawaii a little longer, and I let them crash at my place. It was still a bit dark, and the reflection of the pool water glinted on my face.

Barney walked up to me, "Alright, I managed to get a watch for your parents and your immediate family, as well as the members of 5-0."

I looked up at him, "Thank you. I don't trust Joe one bit. He's messing with the wrong person and if he's willing to expose my past, then I'm willing to take him down with me."

"Yeah, that's not happening."

I turned to Doc, "What?"

"I looked Joe up, and he's clean."

"Damn. What the hell am I supposed to do now?"

Lee put his hands on my shoulders, "Tell them. You need to tell them."

I sighed, "I can't! It'll break their hearts, and plus, if I ever had to tell them, now is not the right time. Kono's wedding is right around the corner. I promised myself that I'd lock away the events of D.C. forever. I'm starting a new life here."

"So, what now?" the boys all looked up to me.

"I'm going to keep things friendly with Steve. I can't trust anyone for now. Joe is going to be in quarantine for another week, so if Steve visits him, he might sell me out."

"You're dodging bullets Fin."

"I've died before, bullets don't scare me."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚕𝚞  𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎 - 𝟷𝟶:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖

I pulled up to the reserve and I saw the team standing there. I wasn't that worried, I mean, I just had to avoid any stirring feelings and prevent any romantic escalation. Easy.

Ugh.

I walked out towards them, "Sup guys."

"Sister, you look like you haven't slept in 2 days."

Maybe because I've been up trying to cover up my sorry ass.

"The boys stayed over."

Steve turned to me, "Slept? Over?"

"Don't look at me like that. If it comforts you, we were on different levels of the house," I rolled my eyes.

I looked a 3 middle aged men who were cuffed. "Chin, why are there 3 middle aged men dressed like college students who never recovered from their frat party?"

"Park ranger here noticed some suspicious activity on the property this morning, discovered these three. Three CPAs from Cleveland. They claim they're here on vacation."

"Yeah, what are they doing all the way out here?"

"Take a look."

A young women, covered in blood, lay in a badly dug hole in the ground.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"No idea."

"What are they saying?"

"Not much."

I cracked my knuckles, "A nice interrogation. Just what I need right now."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝙸𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙿𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎, 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍  𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗  𝚋𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚎𝚛 - 𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶𝚊𝚖