Kintsugi

Kintsugi (金継ぎ)

the art of repairing broken vases.

// Yui's point of view

After a few minutes, I received a text from one of my students saying "Yukio is awake." and another one says "Please come soon!" I read the chats out loud.

"The princess is awake, let's go greet his highness," Shura said as she took her leftovers.

We return to our dormitory in haste. But when we return.

"What happened...?" The bed where Yukio was supposed to be, is now empty. "Where is he?" I asked the exwires beside me.

"Exorcists escorted him out, they said it's the Vatican's orders," Shiemi informed us about the situation. Her face was painted with worry and anxiety. As exwire, she was probably not given a chance to argue back to the Vatican Exorcists. 

"Is it time?" Shura commented on the side, looking at her phone. "Time for what?"

Shura explained that in the light of recent events, the higher-ups, like the Vatican won't let a Lucifer's descendant be awakened either as an angel or a demon. They fear the unknown. Most likely, the Vatican will investigate this matter and will settle on a decision of letting me roam free, or the other way around.

From what I've been told, the council was never been the one to be open to new things, they stick to what's known, and eliminate the unknown. Because for them, what is known is the safest route. 

"There's not much we can do, Yukio had to go with them anyways," Shura said as she finished typing on her phone. "He has to?" I asked curiously.

"Yah, well to testify on the council's court. And to somehow convince the court that you're not a threat. They're probably on the way to the Vatican." Shura said as she sat on Yukio's bed, sighing. With the magical keys and the doors still damaged from the calamity, they would have to board a plane.

"Is there..." Shura and the others waited for the next thing I have to say.

"Is there any way I could speak to him before he leaves?"