Chapter 2: A Stranger In The Rain [J.JK]

***

"(The thick color of a rainy day in Seoul)
The racing cars
The squirming umbrellas all over the place
It's cloudy and the air is clear."

-BTS [Rain]​

***

"[Y/N]..."

"[Y/N]..."

"Ya! [Y/N]-ah! Are you listening?" You blinked once. Twice.

"Eh?"

Your friend just looked at you and sighed, earning a sheepish smile from you. "I said, I'm leaving now, don't forget to eat dinner later."

"Ah, OK!" You grinned, bidding your friend good-bye.

You turned to look out the glass windows of the cafe, outside was an unexpected gift of rain. The wet season didn't generally start for another fortnight but the skies don't lie. You had been waiting for hours after your shift now, but the there had been no let ups. You sighed, giving the raindrops another glance before standing up, taking one of the cafe's spare umbrellas labelled with your name before saying goodbye to your fellow staff whose shifts just started.

Opening the doors, you left the warm orange-y glow of the cafe, staring up at the merciless rain and gripping her bag a little tighter. You loved the rain- you really did. On any other occasion, you'd willingly walk and dance in it. However, today was not a good day- You had a shift at the convenience store very soon, and you wouldn't want to get wet because then you'd have no time to head home to change. Which was why you didn't leave immediately after your shift. But that was but over an hour of wasted time- The rain was as heavy as it was an hour ago.

'I should have just left then...' You groaned to yourself, heaving a tired sigh.

As you walked the streets of Seoul, you noticed a few couples under the same umbrella, holding hands and laughing about something, basking in all their romantic glory. They gave of a glow against the gloomy and dim backdrop of rain. You felt a churn of envy as you let your eyes linger on one couple in particular, their smiles enough to brighten the day, the guy holding the umbrella and his girlfriend close, his own shoulder damp with rain. 'Ah, I want a boyfriend too.' Your sighed helplessly. You were sighing a lot these days.

You continued the journey, and you noted how much heavier the rain has became, you doubted anyone could walk shelter-less in this weather. Praise the lord, if the cafe didn't have any umbrellas for their employees, I'd be dead. Because who the heck trusts the weathermen?

You continued your walk, taking a moment to enjoy the coolness of the air around you, when in the corner of your eyes, you spotted a guy pacing around under a shelter of a flower shop. He... Looked super anxious, constantly glancing up at the sky in frustration. You could feel the rush radiating off him in waves.

And did you mention? He was wearing yet another black mask.

Were you being kidded? Another celebrity? 'I dunno about you, but everytime I see guys in those I'll inevitably think he's a celebrity. Not a very good disguise if you ask me.'

As you walked on, you​ headed in the direction of the boy. You weren't​ walking towards him, but you had to pass that shop to get to the convenience store. Your grip on the strap of your bag tightened. 'Don't talk to him. Don't look at him. You have no time-'

Your​ mind chanted. You​ caught yet another glimpse of the male's anxious face, eyebrows furrowed as he ran his hand through his hair. He looked quite young, about twenty? Your​ eyes met. It lasted about three seconds before he averted his gaze.