Chapter 12: In Disarray [J.JK]

[A/N]​Before I start, I want to thank the author of We are all mad here for inspiring me for these two chapters. Her story is one of, if not, my favourite(s)​, and you should check it out ! I was super inspired by her work while writing this chapter, so there will be quite a few similarities. 

***

"Honestly, I miss you.

But I'll erase you.

Because that would hurt less than resenting you."

- BTS [Spring Day]

***

"How do you feel?"

The boy asked suddenly. You tilted your​ head, and upon realising your confusion, he elaborated. "Being here with us, I mean."

Currently, the two of y​ou were sprawled over your bed, Jimin returning to his ceased session of playing with your hair. After your little heartfelt session, he stay​ed​ around to chat some more.

You pondered at his sudden question, before reply​ing.

"I... I feel okay. For the most part, anyway." You decide. Of course you felt more than that, but you could see the boy was expect​in​g an indepth answer so you decided to mess with him a bit.

Sure enough, he let out a choke as he looked down to meet your gaze. 'Okay'? What kind of answer was that?

"Honestly, I don't know how I'm still here. I'm starting to want to avoid the kitchen at all costs with Jin inside, and Yoongi is... Well, Yoongi. Being around Hoseok and being blind has like no real difference, Namjoon will probably break everything I have. Talking to Taehyung drains me mentally and emotionally, and talking to Jungkook is killing me."

He stared at you, stunned. The words you said cut him deep, and a dreadful feeling subtly chewed at his gut. His eyebrows visibly furrowed and you felt his fingers pause in your hair.

At this, you laugh​ed. He was so cute!

"I'm kidding." You said, and the male sighed in relief. "Yah! I was so scared-" He gave you a mock glare.

"I love it here. I'm honoured."

He hummed in acknowledgement, signalling for you to elaborate.

And you did. But a certain someone didn't stay long enough to hear it.

~*~

'Okay... Take deep breaths... You can do this...'

Jeon Jungkook​ paced about the hallway, more specifically, his former room. The room you occupied.

He could feel his palms getting slightly damp, and he cursed at himself mentally. Why was he so jittery? Even Jungkook didn'​t know​ why he was so nervous. He was just going to ask you if you wanted to watch him play Overwatch, it wasn't like he was asking you out on a date or anything...

Pouting slightly, he gather​ed up whatever courage he had and poised to knock on your​ door. But he halted, interrupted by the melodious sound of your voice.

Maybe you were on a call? He'd just wait until you were done. It wasn't like Jungkook wanted to eavesdrop or anything, but hearing wasn't exactly controllable. He could​ make out bits and pieces of your voice. And what he heard sent his body rigid.

Why were you dissing them? His hyungs? And his heart practically stopped when you mentioned him.

'And talk​ing to Jungkook​ is killing me.'​