the key

Like dejavu, the the boys were back on the open road.

They lived on the road for the next year and a half, living a happy life. They both learned how to use their powers, and keith was able to test his limits.

This night, they decided to treat themselves by sleeping in a nice hotel.

"Keith?"

"Yeah?"

"I cant beleive how long its been, ya know, since we left."

"I guess it has. I wasnt even paying attention."

Lance took off his shirt, and changed into pajama pants. Keith did the same, and they laid close ontop of the blanket.

Trying to bring up the topic, "I'll be 21 in a few months keith. I cant beleive it."

"Time flies huh. Im... not really sure when my birthday is... I'm 20 aswell right?"

"Yeah dummy! Your birthday is exactly 2 months before mine. You'll be 21 first. *wink*"

"Oh. Cool."

"How could you forget your age?"

"I dunno. The days just faded into years."

"..." lance looked at the ceiling and pouted, and a few hours later they drifted off to sleep.
.
.
.
.
"Wake up red!!"

Keith sat up frantically, "wha?!"

"Oops didn't mean to scare you... happy birthday silly!!"

"I thought you said my birthday was 2 months before yours."

"...well it IS two months before my birthday, so that makes it yours. Now, get up, let's have some fun."

"Uuuggghh"

"Oh shush. We havent done anything fun in a while. Plus, it's your birthday. You deserve a treat."
.
.
.
.
"Keep em closed red."

"But I cant see!"

"I'll guide you. Now just walk kay?"

Lance held Keith's shoulders, and led him through the trees, and deeper into the forest.

"Okay, open your eyes!"

"Woah..."

Keith looked out towards the massive waterfall. It shimmered in the sunlight, and a rainbow flew above the top. They were on a bridge, and below them was a pond, about 6 ft deep and pretty big around.

"Well, this is it. I found it when I was taking a walk last year."

"Its beautiful!" Keith grabbed lance by his collar and kissed him intensely.

"Glad you like it... Time for some fun!" Lance pulled his shirt off, and stood ontop of the railing on the bridge.

"Lance what are you-"

*SPLASH*

Lance jumped straight into the water.

Keith laughed, and pulled off his shirt aswell. He cannon balled into the pond.

Lance kissed keith as they floated in the water,

"Happy birthday babe"

Keith said nothing, but grinned as he looked into Lance's big blue eyes.

Suddenly, he jumped onto lances back

"Agh!"

"Thanks a bunch!"

Lance laughed alloud, and threw keith off his back.

"WOAH!" He fell backwards into the water, making a huge splash.

"Rude!"

"Hey you jumped onto me first!"
.
.
.
.
After a while of swimming, they sat on the side of the pond, watching the sunset.

When it started to get dark, lance mentioned, "oh! Theres one more thing I wanted to show you."

Lance stood up, and took Keith's hand. He said nothing as he brought him up to the waterfall.

"Lance theres nothing there..."

"Wait..." lance walked closer to the raging water, and there was a slight gap from the wall and the fall. He squeezed through, and dragged keith along.

Suddenly, they were in a dark cave.

"Uh, we didnt bring a light. Thankfully I have-"

"Shh! Just wait."

Keith looked around, puzzled. But as the sky got darker, he started to see faint lights all around the room. They were red, blue and purple.

"What the..."

Suddenly, the lights shined brighter.

"Crystals?"

"crystals keith!! Arent they magnificent!!"

"Yeah. But I've never seen anything like them."

"Me neither. Oh and not to be forward but... take this key."

"What is it for?"

"If I ever lose control. Point the key towards me, and say, 'leave'"

"Leave?"

"Yeah. And if that doesnt work, say, no return."

"What happens if i-"

"That doesnt matter. Just do it. If I lose control... A lot of people could suffer. And I'd rather find out what happens than put others in danger. I guess I'm a bit of a monster."

"Heh. I guess we can be monsters together then."

"Yeah."