Two

Skylar’s POV
Chapter 2

    It’s moving day. Most of our stuff already got sent out to Canada. Only the necessities like clothes, and cherishable items. Mom said Camila and Charles have already set my room up. It looks similar to this one I have now but my walls are painted and I have wood instead of carpet.

“Skye we have to head out soon. Grab your bag so Luke can put it in the car!” Mom yelled from the kitchen. The apartment is getting so empty. Everything we don’t want/need is going to the salvation army or to the thrift store. We don’t want to throw away something other people can use.

“Okay I’m coming.” I said back. I’m not gonna lie I’m going to miss California but everyone that I will miss is coming with us since I don’t know anyone other than dad’s old cast, the cast of valley girl and the Agents cast and crew.

-

3 hours later. We have landed in Vancouver. It’s so much colder here since it’s so close winter here.

“I’m to Californian for this weather.” I said holding my body into my sweatshirt. We haven’t entered the area which paparazzi is most likely waiting for us so I was cuddled up by mom.

“We are inside why is it so ffff-freaking cold.” Mom said catching herself for swearing in front of me again. I don’t know why she’s trying to sensor herself now she didn’t care when I was younger and more impressionable then.

“This is typical weather in Australia.” Dad said and I rolled my eyes.

“Well excuse me for being raised in the heat. The coldest weather i’ve been in is 70 degree weather.” I said sarcastically. I looked over and seen Elizabeth coming to baggage claim.  “Liz is here.” I said and ran towards her. Liz and Ian are like my cool godparents. Then I have uncle Henry, Grandpa Clark and Grandma Ming they hate when I call them that but oh well they will be fine plus it’s fun seeing how flustered and frustrated Ming gets.

“Hey Skye enjoying the whether?” She asked seeing as I was basically shivering.

“Yes totally enjoying this torture I am being put through.” I said and she gave be a blanket.

“That should keep you warm a bit while longer until the car comes.” She said in her beautiful english accent. I honestly am obsessed with her accent like dad has a cool accent, Ian and Lizzy does too and I’m just regular. When I first met them I was convinced that being around them enough would give me their accent but I guess not, sadly.

“You’re driving to Camila and Charles house with us?” I asked and she shook her head. “Then how am I supposed to give this back to you?” I asked wrapping it around me. This is literally her favorite blanket and she doesn’t let anyone leave with it.

“We are sharing an uber I was able to find an apartment that I’m sharing with Ian.” She said.

“Ooh you and Ian sharing a apartment by yourself. Give me god siblings please and thank you.” I said and she gave an outright laugh.

“It’s not like that it will never be like that.” She said grabbing her bag.

“Isn’t that what you guys keep telling me what happened to mom and dad. You’d tease them and say they weren’t together and then they got together and adopted me within 2 years.” I said and she just shook your head.

“I think little Skylar is confusing me and Ian with fitzsimmons. She has this fantasy that Ian and I are going to be together.” She told mom and dad and they just laugh.

“The uber is here.” Dad said. I grabbed my suitcase and carry-on and headed for the exit.

“Guys paparazzi is is here.” I said stopping in my tracks.

“Just keep your hoodie up and your head down. Give us your bags. Let’s go.” Dad said. This happened on occasion where we are kinda just trying to be a normal family for once paparazzi shows up.

“Chloe who’s the kid?”

“Are you still friends with Logan Paul?”

“Luke how do you feel about the movie Chloe and Logan worked on?”

“Elizabeth are you and Ian a thing?”

They kept pressing on their questions but after a while of this happening to them they learned to keep their glasses on smile and wave and ignore the questions. No matter how out of reach they maybe. We finally made it to the Uber and I immediately hopped into the very back seat so they wouldn’t see us. Obviously now more than ever their will be headlines on the mystery child. Per usual but normally we just make up some story like oh that’s a family member.

“What’s gonna be the excuse this time?” I asked once they piled into the car.

“There is no excuse we just won’t acknowledge it.” Mom said buckling her seat belt.

“Yeah I mean if it really comes up then yeah we’ll just be like we adopted a child 2 years ago and leave it there.” Dad said and me and Elizabeth was both surprised.

“Your gonna stop hiding her.” She said in shock. “It’s about time.” She said and everyone laughed.

“Finally you’ve listened to me.”  I said happily. “Can I go to public school now too?” I asked and they laughed.

“One step at a time jitterbug.” Dad said that was his nickname for me since I was always hyper and wanting to keep moving on.