Eight

Chapter 8

Skylar POV

Today I had the placement test for the school and dad was off so he is taking me.

"Hey remember if you don't make it, it's okay." He said in the car.

"You don't think I'm smart enough?" I said in disbelief.

"No no no that's not what I meant at all." He said quickly regretting the sentence that left his mouth.

"No I know what you were trying to say, Don't stress about it blah blah more parental things." I said and he laughed.

"Yup exactly that." He said and pulled into a parking space.

"Wow this school is huge." I said.

"Well it is K-12" He said. We went in and met the headmaster. She looked like the grouchy old lady from matilda Miss Trunchbull.

"Hello I'm Mrs. Miller you must be Skylar and the father. No mother?" She asked. wow someone actually married that?

"No her mom actually got stuck at work. I luckily had a day off." Dad said being polite.

"Well we can go in here to take her test." She said and put me in the room. They laid down a fat packet and I had to keep reminding myself. This is my key to making some friends and being the closest I can be to a normal teenage before it's too late.

-

"So how do you think you did? How are you feeling?" Dad asked me as we walking into the car

"I feel like my brain melted into a puddle those questions were literally impossible. Most things i haven't even learned yet. I hope I did a good job though." I said

"You know you'll have to wear a uniform everyday right." He said

"Yeah I know but can we go get some frozen yogurt please. i need brain fuel." I asked.

"You know how Chloe feels about getting sugar before dinner." He said and I pouted.

"Yeah but no one has to say anything." I tried to negotiate.

"I love you nut I'm just scared of what your mother would do to me." He said and I sunk in my chair.

-

We had dinner with mom dad, Camila, Charles and Lydia. It was weird because Lydia looked like she was really upset over something.

"How was the test." mom asked.

"Annoying. I said playing with my food. After the test I was not having it. I just wanted to go in my room and play some music and go to sleep.

"Whats wrong still mad about the yogurt." Dad asked and I shook my head.

"I don't want stupid frozen yogurt. May I be excused." I asked.

"You barely ate." Mom said "finish your food then you can go be a moody teen somewhere else."  She said and I sighed. I wasn't hungry. I have no idea how my mood shifted but it did and I did not feel like being around people right now.

I finally finished my food and was in my room watching youtube on my computer.

"Hey Skylar can I watch with you?" Lydia asked.

"No I want to be left alone." I said and she huffed and slammed my door. 

"Skylar why did you slam the door on Lydia's finger!" Dad yelled barging into my room. Oh not again.