Ten

Chapter 10

Chloe POV

I was driving around the block. She couldn't have gotten that far on foot. I am pissed beyond believe that Luke hit her. Is he serious no matter how upset he got i never knew he could get that violent. I went passed a diner Clark has told me about and I seen the place crawling with policemen and a ambulance and I seen Clark on the phone looking distraught. I obviously hoped out of the car and he ran up to me.

"What happened." I said

"It's Skylar. She was crossing and a car came speeding and she didn't see it." He said and I crossed the tape so many officers pulling me away.

"That's my daughter in there!" I yelled.

"I already called Luke I thought you to would have been together." He said and I wasn't even worried about him. I went up to an officer to get some answers.

"How is she?" I asked

"The driver?" He asked and my face went red.

"No the little girl. My daughter." I said 

"Oh I apologize." He said. "She was already rushed to the hospital." he said and I nodded. She was in the ambulance alone. I immediately headed to the nearest hospital.

-

Once I got there Charles and Luke were already there. 

"They took her into surgery already." Luke said coming up to me trying to hug me.

"Don't touch me." I said.

"Chlo-" 

"No don't Chloe me. If it wasn't for you should would still have been in the house safe. Now she's in the hospital during surgery on lord know what. All because you couldn't handle your anger." I said

"I'm sorry."

"Im sorry doesn't reverse what you did. It doesn't change the fact that Sky is in the hospital."

-

Hours later literally I have avoided Luke. I called Elizabeth over because out of everyone in the cast she was closest with Skylar. Charles and Camila took Lydia back to the house and would bring her back after breakfast.

"Skylar Mitchel?" The doctor said and Luke and I got up from opposite side of the waiting room. "Well she's okay. No internal bleeding that we detected she does have a few broken ribs, a minor concussion, her left arm is fractured but her right leg is broken." The doctor said.

"When can we see her?" Luke said. 

"Well the nurse is almost done analyzing everything give it 20 minutes." The doctor said and walked away. 

"Hey. She's okay thats all we could have hoped for." He said and I nodded and walked over to Elizabeth and broke down crying.

"She's okay." I said between sobs.

"Let it out babe." Elizabeth said holding me. Couldn't ask for a better best friend honestly.

-

We went into Skylars room it was an awkward silence between Luke and I. me being bedside stroking her cheek red and a slight hand mark from Luke and he was all the way in the corner just watching the interaction.

"It's okay mommies here." I said.

"I'm sorry Sky honestly I wish I could take it all back." Luke said. I heard is voice cracking. "I have to use restroom." He sounded like he was going to cry but left before I could see anything. I'm just grateful she's okay. Other families aren't so lucky.