three

"No, no. Please, I beg you. I don't want to do this anymore! Please, let me go!" I cry out to the two men dragging me away from the comforts of my room, to the horrible, horrible testing room.

I'm thrown inside with the door shut behind me. I'm dragged again, to the chair. I kick, I fight, I try everything to escape from the chair.

No use, it's all no use. They restrain me to the chair with their safety gloves, wearing their safety suit. The little wires are attached to my head, to my chest. Miriam stands behind the glass wall, with her stone-cold face looking down on me, occasionally glancing at the monitors that record my fearful heart, my cursed brain.

The crackle and sputter of electricity catch my ear. I struggle against the restraints.

"Please, stop. It hurts." Tears stream down my face as I try with all my might to break free.

"It's precisely why we need to carry out these tests, Florence." Her head nods and the electric rods come closer.

The rod sends a searing pain spreading across my skin and deep into my veins. My arm spasms, along with my thigh. Screams of pain tear through my hoarse throat, as the smell of burning flesh fills my nostrils.

"Stop, please! Stop it!" I shriek. They push the rods into my chest, my neck, everywhere. It causes an uncomfortable vibration, an intense, unbearable prickling down my spine, down every inch of my body.

When they stop, my tears are dry, my voice gone. Again, I'm dragged like an animal, tossed into my room with my burnt skin and blood. I can barely move from the ground. Each muscle feels shredded, destroyed.

With trembling hands, I manage to crawl to the window, to press my raw skin against the glass in attempt to soothe it.

I look out the window. Endless space, with the twinkling stars, and a tiny glowing dot. The tiny red dot is the ship's supposed destination. I'd probably die before we're halfway there.

Miriam, no, the doctors, all treat me like I'm lesser. Like I'm undeserving of the 'human' title. Electrocution, suffocation, isolation. I've had enough.

Florence leads a rather painful life. I honestly don't know why I do this to my characters. 

That aside, I hope you're enjoying the story! Give it some love and a vote if you are! See you in the next chapter!

~Nanasabae