nine

A note is slipped under my door. It reads, 'Come over when you can. I'm free today', with a cute birthday cake drawn onto it. I make sure to scrub myself thoroughly once again before entering Jasper's room.

"Knock, knock. Happy birthday!" I run to embrace Jasper, taking in his scent of pine as he envelopes me in his warmth.

I continue to run about his room before falling back onto his bed. The layout is nearly identical. The only difference would be the slightly larger window and the pine scent on his bed. Other than that, the door is at the side of the bed, the toilet opposite the window.

"Want to play some cards?"

"Blackjack?" A simple and fun game, based on pure luck. My personal favourite.

"Sure."

I roll off his bed and land directly in front of him. He cracks a smile while shuffling the cards.

"Are we betting?" My eyes settle on his own, focused on the deck of cards he holds.

"What's there to bet?" His small question springs a series of suggestions. Some a little inappropriate.

"Best of three, winner has their way with the loser." A smirk crawls up my face, my heart beating faster from the excitement of a simple game.

The cards are given. I flip both of them open. A fifteen. I risk and draw a card.

"Twenty-one!" I gleefully exclaim, tossing down the cards. Lady luck is interested in what I'd do with Jasper. Jasper just smiles...something I could stare at for ages.

The cars are reshuffled and distributed. Eighteen. I decide not to risk it, and wait for Jasper.

Jasper draws two cards before signalling for both of us to throw down our cards. He has a nineteen.

"Point one for Jasper." Perhaps lady luck is keen to see me at his mercy.

The cards are reshuffled. Sure enough, luck is with Jasper on his birthday. He scores a twenty-one instantly.

"So, Mr. Winner, what are you going to do?" Again, his eyes bore into my being.

The pale green glow of the room sparkles his eyes, like the endless stars outside. He shimmies closer and wraps an arm around me. His nose nuzzles into my hair, sending tingles down my spine as he travels down to my temple, onward to my cheek where he plants a gentle kiss.

Sparks flurry in my chest. I turn and reach out for him, unable to control myself. Our lips connect, my hand tangled in his hair , travelling down the column of his neck, outlining every curve and inch of his body. My heart threatens to burst out of my chest as he runs his fingers under my shirt.

I push myself closer, closing any distance between us. He falls back onto the ground, still holding the small of my back. I begin to trail down and nibble on his tender neck as he slides his hands down my body, sending electricity rushing through my veins. He guides my head, kissing me breathless as his hands play with me.

He slowly pulls away, panting slightly, staring right at me with his arms wrapped round me.

"You're my first friend on this vessel." He chuckles.

"Correction. I think you mean partner." I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck.

"But we barely know each other."

"Friends don't kiss...at least I don't think they do. Friends definitely don't grab each other's crotches...what do I know about friends anyway." This time I chuckle.

"Let's just enjoy this while we can."

Oh my, oh my. They need to get a room. Things seem to be smooth sailing for now...

Hope you're enjoying the story! Give it a lil vote if you are, it makes Quinn's day :3

~Nanasabae