eleven

I'm barely on my feet, and it's only midweek. As I stagger back to my room, I catch sight of Jasper leaving his own. He turns towards me, before sprinting to my side.

"You look...awful Flo." He wraps an arm around my waist, supporting me.

"I feel awful." My trembling legs give way under me, and I plummet to the ground.

I hear muffled shouts of my name, before everything fades into darkness.

*********

I awake shivering. The first this I notice, is how cold I am. The second thing I notice, is the IV drip that decorates the green ceiling. I reach for the blanket and bury myself under the covers. It doesn't stop my shivering.

"Flo? Are you alright?" Jasper's voice is low and husky.

"I'm cold."

"It's a side effect of the IV." I immediately rip off the needle, carefully, and toss it to the ground. Do they really need me awake that badly? Can't even pass out from exhaustion in peace.

The bed sinks, letting a warm body onto it with me. Jasper engulfs me in a warm embrace, my head nestled into his chest.

"Sleep your heart away. I'll be by your side until you're back on your feet."

I just hum in response, tired out of my mind.

Hmmm...looks like everything will be fine after all! Florence is just a little tired, and Jasper is still alive and healthy. It's the calm after the storm. But was it ever a storm?

Hope you're enjoying the read! On to the next chapter!

~Nanasabae