two

My eyes open up to a pale green glow on the ceiling. The fires are gone. The banging in my head, gone.

I attempt to sit up, only to find my hands glued to the bed, along with every other body part. I crane my neck forwards to examine myself. Straps are tightly secured over my body. There's a small tag tied to my left hand. I slam my head back onto the pillow. What on earth is going on?

"Hello?" No response. Of course. I attempt to shimmy out of the restraints, to no avail. My eye catches the red flash of an operating camera. So, they're ignoring me.

"Hello? I really need to pee." No response. I really do need to use the toilet. I pass the minutes, hours, years, thinking about how much I need the toilet until finally, someone enters the room. Miriam.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Just had to run a couple of brain scans." Brain scans? I was in for a regular...well...prescribed check-up. How did it turn into brain scans?

"What?" Maybe if I play dumb, I'll get some information.

"My, my. Not so bright, are you? Florence, you're immune to the virus. You're the cure."

"What?"   

Quinn here, hoping you're enjoying the story so far! If you did, give a vote and some love :3

On to the next chapter! :)

~Nanasabae