Chapter 2 ~

I stepped out my front door and felt the sun on my face. It really was a nice day for a walk.

I locked the door and walked down my pathway. I looked up at the trees and looked around the sky. I never really payed much attention to the nature around my town.

My daydreaming stopped when I heard a truck reversing into a driveway of a house across the street. I slowed my pace so I could see who was coming out of the truck.

My eyes rolled when I noticed the girl with the long brunette hair and the wide smile. Jazmine Joseph. I turned around quickly and kept walking away before she could spot me.

Fuck man. This is not happening dawg. I can't stand that thot and now she's my neighbor??  She's such a...

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a scream and a horn honking.

"Keviiiiinn! Is that you?? OMG IT IS!  I guess we're neighbors now huh? Isn't it great?!"

I nodded my head and looked at the ground. I kept walking, hoping she was going to just dismiss herself and leave me be.

"How rude of me! Please let me give you a ride! Driver stop the car!" she yelled from her backseat.

The car came to a stop.

I slowed down my walk and shook my head at her. "Jazmine it's not necessary. I'm fine walking. I have somethings to clear in my mind so..."

She put her head down on the car window and looked a bit sad. "Oh. I understand.  Football season right?"

I just nodded. The longer we stood there in silence the more I wanted to just tell her to fuck off.

I began to walk again and she called out to me.

"Wait. Please. Let me give you a ride. Just this once."

I sighed. I walked over to the car and she opened the door for me with a welcoming smile. I slid inside and put my bag down on the floor.

Jaz bounced up a bit and called out to the driver.

"Alright. Take us to school now."

He looked at us through the rearview mirror and replied "Yes Ma'am."

I watched him as he rolled his eyes and pulled out the side of the road. I chuckled at him and Jazmine looked at me with a confused facial expression.

****

We arrived at school and I felt all eyes on the car. It was no surprise to me though. Who wouldnt stare at a black Bentley with 24' rims rolling up to the school?

The driver parked in front of the main building and got out. He walked over to Jazmine's side and opened the door for her.

She came out heels first and with a big grin, letting the whole school know she has arrived. 

He started for my side but I was already out reaching for my bag. He nodded his head at me and closed the door.

Jazmine came to stand next to me and right when she opened her mouth I saw a group of my friends and silently thanked the Lord.

"Uhh.. Look ima see you around. I see some friends and I don't want you feeling uncomfortable."

She stared at me and finally shrugged.

"I'll see you later then sweetie."

She walked off before I could even reply. She's been claiming me ever since I dumped her the beginning of sophomore year. I guess she couldn't get over me.