Chapter #37

It has been been another week of torture. Colby and Scarlett go around the house giggling and being really obnoxious and its disgusting. One day while I was cleaning Colby came up to me.

"Hey Nanc. Are you free tonight? Me and Scarlett want to go to this new karaoke bar near here. What do you say?" He asked. I really didn't want to go anywhere with them.

"Oh umm sorry I don't sing." I said. Colby raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh so that's why you post song covers to your YouTube?" He said.

"Those got uploaded!?" I said in a fake panic. Colby crossed his arms and my head fell.

"Fine I'll come." I said.

"Good. We will pick you up from your place around 8. Sound good?" He said. I nodded. He went back up and I kept cleaning.

5 rolled around and it was time for me to go home. I said bye and Colby reminded me to be ready by 8. How could I forget? I went home and took a nice long shower, did my makeup, got dressed, and did my hair. When I was done it was 5 till 7. I was ready early and didn't know what to do. So I texted Liza.

Me: hey girly.

Liza: hey! Finally decided to text, huh?

Me: I know it's been awhile and I'm sorry.

Liza: no it's totally fine. So what's up?

Me: well I'm about to go to a karaoke bar with Colby.

Liza: *gasp*

Me: and his girlfriend.

Liza: oof. That's rough stuff, Hon.

Me: I know and i was totally gonna tell him that I was ready to get back together when I found her in their house.

Liza: I'm so sorry, Nanc.

Me: it's fine. I just wish I could tell him how I'm feeling.

Liza: maybe you don't have to tell.

Me: huh?

Liza: well you are going to a karaoke bar and you love to sing. So sing to him. Don't tell him how you feel, sing to him how you feel.

Me: yeah. I might do that. Thanks Liza.

Liza: no problem. I mean I do have the best ideas.

Me: oh really? Then why haven't you uploaded to your main channel in months?

Liza: oof. You hit the weak spot, sis. I'm coming for you. ;)

I laughed. I told liza I had to go and we said bye. I watched a bit of tv until there was a knock on my door. I went over and answered it.

"Hey! Ready to go?" Colby asked. I nodded and we headed out. When we got to the place it was packed. We walked inside and it stunk of alcohol and sweat. There was a person singing horribly on the stage. We found a table and sat down. Colby started to try and talk but I couldn't hear him over the person trying to hit some high notes on stage.

"What!?" I yelled over the music.

"Are you going to go up there!?" He yelled back.

"Maybe!" I said. He asked Scarlett the same and she said yes. Colby offered to get us drinks and I told him no.

"Still don't drink, huh?" He asked.

"Nope! Never have never will." I said. Scarlett looked at me confused.

"Why haven't you drank before?" She asked.

"Its cause her dad was alcoholic and it destroyed her relationship with him. She has never even had a sip of something alcoholic" Colby explained. Scarlett made an oh face. I was surprised Colby still remembered all of that. It made me a bit happy. After a little while, Scarlett decided to go up to the stage and sing. She started to sing lucid dreams. She was not very good. She was off key and off beat and she stumbled with words. I cringed basically the whole time. I looked at Colby and he basically was cringing too.