Chapter One.

College.

The time in a young person's life that's supposed to be filled with excitement. You're fresh out of high school and finally away from your parents. You get to head off to college, have a few meaningless hookups, go to a party or two, and race against the infamous midnight deadline. Ah, going to college is such a wonderful experience. Not for Wes.

Wes excelled at during his four years in high school. He was an AP student who ranked number one in his graduation class. A member of the marching band, president of a few clubs, and leader in his community. When senior year rolled around he had received scholarships from every school he applied to. But there was only one that mattered.

Florida State.

Wes wanted to be a Seminole ever since he was a little boy. And even though Florida State only gave him a partial scholarship he still wanted to go. But the powers that be AKA the parentals stepped in a put a wrench in his plans.

Wes has a beautiful twin sister named Kimora, she entered the world exactly 3.2 seconds after Wes did and she's been the center of attention ever since. Kimora loves HBCU culture and everything about it. She fell in love with it after hearing how her parents meet. Kimora excelled in high school as well ranking second under her brother. Not bad for two black kids at a predominately white high school.

The only offer that mattered to Kimora was the one that came from Southern University, which she got. Southern was the farthest thing from Wes mind but he applied there to appease his parents. The parents decided that instead of having one child in Florida and the other one down in Louisiana it would be best for both of them to be in the same place.

Its the day of their trip down to the Louisiana and Wes is not here for this at all. He put the remainder of his things in boxes so they can be put in the truck. He sat on the edge of the bed and mad sure he had all of his computer equip packed. "This is some bullshit, I don't even wanna go to this wack ass school." Wes said to himself.

"You in here talking to yourself again boy?"

Wes looked up and his Grandpa was leaning against the wall with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.

"Gramps I'm really not feeling this, like at all." Wes said.

"You haven't even gotten there yet son." Grandpa said.

"Gramps y'all have been dragging us down there to Southern Homecomings since we were little kids. I went there for a campus visit last summer and I hated it. There's no way in hell I could be happy there." Wes explained.

Gramps shook his head and lit his cigar, "So going to Florida State and getting taught but them white folks is gonna be better for you?" He asked.

"Yes. Weren't you the one that said when a gang of niggas get together nothing good can come from it?" Wes asked.

Gramps was on mute for a second. Wes nodded, "Exactly." He said. Wes took the last of his boxes and went outside to his dad's truck.

"You got everything son?" Dad asked.

"Yeah.." Wes snapped his fingers, "Shit my boosted board."

"It's in the back with the rest of your things, I took care of that for you." Dad said.

"Thanks dad." Wes said.

Wes's mom came out the house with her arm wrapped around her mother. Grandma was little emotional because both of her grand-babies were headed off to college. The family gathered in the front yard and Gramps said a prayer. After the prayer was said they exchanged hugs and got into their vehicles. Wes rode with his dad and Kimora rode with their mom. Wes took out his vlogging camera, he turned it towards him and sighed.