Chapter Twenty.

"I want a corner piece of baked Mac and cheese, greens, cornbread, ham, turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, make it jiggly. Shot of Meena, two scoops of Meena, and a to go plate of Meena." Wes mumbled in his sleep.

It's Christmas Day and Wes is supposed to be awake but he's not. Once again he's in Lala land dreaming about two of his favorite things. Ximena and food. Rhonda has been in the kitchen since early this morning cooking stuff. The smell of holiday goodness has filled the entire house.

Wes and Ximena were on some heat mass shit. They got on FaceTime and fell asleep on each other. Ximena got up and rubbed her eyes, she looked at her phone and she was still on her FaceTime call with Wes. "Wake up Wesley." She said softly.

"Mmmmm." Wes groaned.

"Come on it's Christmas Day. Time to open gifts." Ximena said.

Wes yawned, stretched and sat up against the headboard. He put on his glasses and looked into the camera. "Morning."

"Good morning to you." Ximena said.

Wes smiled slightly and grabbed the box that was on his nightstand. Ximena grabbed the box that was on her desk and gave it a slight shake. "What did you get me?" She asked.

"Open the box to find out." Wes said.

Ximena ripped open her box and it was a mini scrapbook in it. She flipped through it and Wes put all of the polaroids of them in it. "You like it?" Wes asked.

"I love it." Ximena said.

Ximena isn't the one for fancy gifts, she'd rather a guy put more thought than dollar signs into a gift.

"Thank you Wesley." Ximena said.

"You're welcome beautiful." Wes said.

Wes opened his gift and began to smile. "Oh you took it back with this one. I love it!" He said cheerfully.

"Seriously?" Ximena asked.

"Hell yeah. I'm rock this when we get back to school." Wes said.

Ximena knew Wes was into throwback vintage gear so it wasn't hard for her to get him something. She bought was an authentic, 90s Southern University Hockey Jersey. "Thank you so much for the Meena. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome." Ximena said.

"Do you think I could see you before we go back to school?" Wes asked.

Ximena blushed and nodded, "I think we might be able to make that happen."

Rhonda was tired of waiting on Wes to come down so she came to him. She burst into Wesley room and started going off. Not because he taking forever to come downstairs, it was because of the tattoo on his chest. Wes had to cut his conversation with Ximena short for segment of angry black mother. He sat there with his arms folded as his mother went on and on about his tattoo.

"Are you done?" Wes asked.

"Boy don't get smacked on Christmas." Rhonda said.

"Okay but you're pressed about me having a tattoo but you have a tiger on your back and a rose on your arm. Don't go down this road with me mama." Wes said.

Wes threw on a wife beater and went downstairs with his family to open gifts. Once again Wes has found a way to get under his mother's skin. Wes sat beside Kimora and they opened their gifts togethers. Being in college sure worked in their favor. They got money, clothes, gift cards, and more things to help them through the remainder of the year.

It was gonna be awhile before it was time to eat so Wes went down to the man cave and played Madden with his dad. He looked around the room and smiled at how the room was set up. To some it would look tacky but to Wes it made perfect sense. The walls were Kappa red with a horizontal white stripe going around the room. One the walls were his canes, his paddles, the shield, and pictures from his college years.