Chapter Seven.

It's the weekend but even on the weekends there's work to be done. Normani slept in a bit late due to the rough practice from the night before. But now that's she's well rested and eaten a good breakfast she's ready to get started on her assignments. She went into one of the study rooms in the library and closed the door behind her. Before Mani got started on her work she put her on phone on do not disturb.

Since Normani's been in college Do Not Disturb has been one of the most utilized features on her iPhone. Sometimes you have to buckle down and tune out the distraction so you can handle your business.

Normani was going over her outline when there was a knock on the door. She locked up and Wes was standing in the threshold. "Goodbye Wesley." She said.

"Yo I didn't even say anything." Wes said.

"I'm sorry, what do you want Wesley?" Normani asked.

"I was just tryin to say hey, that's it." Wes said.

"Hello Wesley, Goodbye Wesley." Normani said.

Wes sighed and walked off, as he was walking away Harley was walking towards him. "What's the matter bro?" He asked.

"The usual, Mani shutting me down when all I'm trying to do is have a genuine conversation with her." Wes said.

"I think it's her time of the month." Harley whispered.

Wes shrugged and fixed his bag, "It's whatever, I got other shit to do anyway. By the way have you seen Chad lately?" He asked.

"Other than when he's with us, no. Homeboy has been really secretive lately." Harley said.

"He'll come around eventually. I'll catch you later." Wes said.

"Later." Harley said. 

Harley walked into Normani's study room and  sat across from her. "Sorry I'm late I ran into Weasel and chopped it up real quick."

"Oh you're fine, let's get started." Normani said.

Harley took out his things and they began working on their assignment. Both of them started reading articles on colorism and took notes. They did great, in one hour they had a good base for their arguments. But then they got the brick wall. Their brains shut down and being productive wasn't on their agenda.

Harley was on Foot Locker looking at sneakers and Normani was looking at the Cardi B Fashionova collection. As soon as they got their financial aid hit they were gonna buy a little something for themselves and put the rest away for an emergency. It didn't take long for Normani to realize they weren't gonna get anything else done today.

"I think we should call it quits for today." Normani said.

"I agree, but we did get a lot done." Harley said.

"Yeah we did. And to reward myself I'm going to Starbucks." Normani said.

Harley squinted, "That's like 15 minutes away from here." He said.

"Thank God for Lyft. You riding?" Normani asked.

"Sure, let's go." Harley said.

The two went outside and waited for their Lyft to show up. They go in the car and left the campus. Zendaya watched Harley and Normani pull off before going back to her current task.

Spying on Chad.

The Lyft driver was a friendly one so Normani made sure to tip her. They got out and went inside. Harley insisted that he pay for their drinks since Normani payed for the ride. She sat in the back and began playing on her phone. Harley came back with the drinks and sat across from her.