Chapter Eleven.

First a student dies after getting shot on campus.

Now there's a student who died due to complications brought on by being hazed.

These incidents took place within a few weeks of each other and nothing has happened. But the campus did improve security. If you drive to school you'll be checked at the gate for your student ID. They've also locked the gate from the inside to improve the safety of the students. What's that gonna do? Someone could stroll right onto the campus, hop the fence and blend in with the rest of the student body.

As for the hazing situation, the frat has been placed on probation. That decision didn't set to well with the Greek community. Yes, the D9 organizations were founded to promote brotherhood and sister, but hazing is unacceptable. And since this one organization on campus got busted for hazing it's giving the rest of the fraternities and sororities who don't haze their pledges a bad name.

Hearing a student die from hazing put a bad taste in the mouths of Wesley, Kimora, Normani, and everyone in that little clique.

Wes and Kimora are what you would call legacies. Kimora's mom, grandmothers, and aunts pledged AKA so in a sense it's expected for Kimora to do the same. Same applies to Wes, except he's expected to pledge Kappa because his father, grandfathers, and uncles pledged. But in light of this hazing scandal they aren't to sure about keeping the legacy alive.

Granted they can't pledge until they're sophomores but still.

With all of this madness is going on Chad and Kimora have been able to maintain their little bit of happiness, despite Wesley's disapproval. Kimora texted Chad and asked him to meet her in the library. "I'm about to go out for a minute. You need anything Wes?" Chad asked.

"Nope." Wes said dryly.

"Okay..."

Chad grabbed his boosted board off the charger and headed to the library. But he wasn't alone. Jace went against what Chad said and sent a security team down their to watch over him. To everyone else they look like faculty but they're not. These guys are there to protect Chad and hurt anyone who tries to harm him.

Chad made it to the library and looked around for Kimora. He made his way to their usual study room and slid the door closed. Kimora had her airpods in and wasn't aware that he was in the room. He stood behind her and put her hands over her eyes. "Guess who?"

Kimora smiled and took out her airpods, "Hey babe." She said

Chad kissed Kimora on the cheek then took a seat beside her. "What's going on?" He asked.

"I just wanted to see you." Kimora said.

"I wanted to see you too. Things have been a bit crazy lately." Chad said.

"They really have. How are things with you and my brother?" Kimora asked.

Chad shook his head and sighed, "He hates me, babe. Things were fine until my dad came and ruined everything." He said.

"How did your dad even know about us?" Kimora asked.

"He has people watching my every move. Everywhere I go his guards are following me." Chad explained.

Kimora nodded and closed her notebook. She turned towards Chad and placed her hand on his. "You wouldn't lie to me would you?" He asked.

"Of course not." Chad said.

"Do you genuinely care about me or are you using me as a way to get back at your family?" Kimora asked.

"Kimora I would never do anything like that to you. The way I feel about you is genuine. I don't think I've ever been this happy with someone before." Chad said.