Chapter Twelve.

The days leading up to the homecoming game are supposed to be filled with excitement and good vibes.

Not this year.

After Wes got jumped by Chad's goons that sent him into a really bad mood, worse than the one he was in. He tried to petition to get a new roommate but they denied. All the rooms had been filled and there was nothing they could do. But that wasn't the case at all. Chad and his white privilege made the problem go away.

Chad's father threw a few dollars at the school in the form of an "anonymous" donation. The dean took the money and swept Wes situation under the rug. It wasn't that much of a surprise to Wes though, the dean hasn't done anything to make the conditions on campus better so why would he care about a student getting jumped.

In public speaking Wes and Normani got partnered together and Normani has made no effort to work with Wes. Since this is a group project the grading is gonna be harsh. So Wes could do everything right on his project and Normani could bomb her share of it, they would both get a bad grade because Normani didn't do her part correctly.

But Normani makes time to lay up under Harley no matter what. That's other book of a different cover.

The only good thing that's happened this week is the money Wes has made taking people's homecoming pictures.

It's gameday and Wes doesn't want to go to the game but he's going so he can get some footage of Kimora dancing. When she finishes her crab season he has a surprise for her.

Speaking of Kimora she's still dating Chad. Wes can't figure out for the life of him why she'd stay with him after all the problems he's caused. But Wes doesn't think that'll last much longer. The parentals are here for homecoming and Big Wes is ready to rip Chad a new one. He doesn't know what pisses him off the most, the fact his daughter is dating another white boy or the white boy had his son jumped.

"As soon as I see that white boy it's gonna be me and him." Wes said.

Rhonda rolled her eyes and looked out the window, "Wes, it's homecoming. Save the theatrics for another time." She said.

"Baby, no. He's arranges for our son to get hurt and then your daughter is stupid enough to stay with him after that. Nah that shit doesn't work with me." Wes said.

"I'm mad she's my daughter all of a sudden." Rhonda said.

Wes shrugged and made another turn. "Your daughter and her terrible choice in boys. When will she ever learn?" He asked.

"I said the same thing about you son." Gramps said.

Wes slowly turned around and looked at his father-in-law, "Really Gramps." He said.

"I'm just messing with you boy, you turned out to be better than I thought. I just wish my granddaughter would make the right choice for once." Gramps said.

"You mean the black choice, daddy." Rhonda said.

"You said it not me." Gramps said.

Rhonda sighed and massages her temples, "He's a really sweet boy. He's very well mannered, treats Kimora with respect and he's just trying to make it on his own."

"And how the hell do you know this?" Wes asked.

"I've been talking to him and he's spending Thanksgiving with us." Rhonda said.

"He ain't getting a seat at my goddamn table. Have you told my parents about this?" Wes said.

"Yes and they gave me the same talk that you're  giving me right now. But I wanna give Chad a chance to see what he's really about." Rhonda said.