Chapter Fourteen.

The coast is clear, everyone is in the den hanging out, and the pot of gold is sitting on the stove simmering away. All Wes has to do is go in the kitchen steal some food and not get caught. He made sure the coast was clear before easing into the kitchen. To create a distraction he went into the refrigerator and got a drink.

Ella came in to check on the turkey while he was fixing his drink. Once she was gone Wes grabbed a bowl out of the pantry and began putting some rice in it. He looked over his shoulder and began ladling some gumbo into the bowl. Wes thought he was slick but he wasn't Ella was leaning against the wall watching him.

"Boy get out of my pot!" She yelled.

Wes grabbed his bowl and took off running, he doubled back and kisses his grandma on the cheek. "Thank you granny." He said.

"No you know that was for later." Ella said.

"I know but I'm a college man grandma, I haven't had a home cooked meal in a minute . And the last time I had some of your gumbo was when I graduated high school." Wes said.

"Mmhm, you lucky I love you." Ella said.

"Love you too." Wes said.

Wes went into his room and sat down on his bed. It's a busy weekend for him and his family. It's Thanksgiving and the Bayou Classic is this weekend. The Bayou Classic is bigger than the first football game of the season and homecoming put together. It's a two day event that takes place in New Orleans. It's the rival game between Southern and Grambling University that brings the city together.

Friday night is the step-show/battle of the bands and Friday is the big game. But the big game will be more than just a game for the crabs on the Dancing Dolls squad. It's the night where a dream of theirs finally comes true. When the clock strikes zero they are no longer know as "crabs" they are officially Dancing Dolls.

It's a magical moment that you have to be there to experience for yourself.

Since Wes was in Baton Rogue he was gonna get a hotel room and Uber around for the weekend. While he was on the computer looking up rooms Ximena FaceTimed him. "What do ya want?" Wes asked.

"I just wanted to wish my friend a happy turkey day, damn." Ximena said.

Wes chuckled, "I'm just messing with you. What's up?" She asked.

"Sitting in the Kroger parking lot." Ximena said.

"Parents sent you on a food run huh?" Wes asked.

"Yep. I didn't mind though, all of my cousins are at the house and peace is nowhere in sight right now." Ximena asked.

Wes laughed and stuffed his face with more gumbo. "So what are you getting into?" Ximena asked.

"Booking my hotel room for the weekend. You going to the Bayou Classic?" Wes asked.

"What's that?" Ximena asked.

"Yo how the hell you go to Southern and not know what the Bayou Classic?" Wes asked.

Ximena shrugged and looked around outside, "You should fly into New Orleans and meet me there so I can give you a real Louisiana experience." He said.

While this conversation was going on Big Wes and his dad were camped outside the door listening to Wes smooch on the phone.

Wes found a hotel and sent Ximena the link. She scrolled through the pictures and nodded, "Nice, let me send you my half for the room and we'll be set." She said.

"Nah I got it. The only thing I want you to do is chill and have a good time." Wes said.

"Wes I'm not finna let you cover the room by yourself. I have your PayPal and your cash-app so which one work better for you. And I'm not taking no for answer." Ximena said.