32

The three of us pick Alaric up and take him back to my house. 

"Meredith and Elena were together today". I frown, looking in the backseat. 

"What were they together for? She lied and said she was going to a school thing and took the car". 

Alaric half-smirks. 

"We don't have to worry about Meredith being too crazy anymore. She wouldn't harm Le" Stefan says from the backseat. 

"Just because she tried to help Alaric doesn't mean she's not crazy. She's a Fell after all. They're all assholes".

"They were discussing my... condition," Ric says awkwardly. 

I try my hardest not to crack a smile. What Alaric is going through is actually very serious. 

"Well, if that ring made my ancestor crazy, maybe the solution is just to burn those things. Or lock them away in the house somewhere". 

I see Damon shake his head out the corner of my eye. 

"As long as Ric's in Mystic Falls, he's going to need that ring". 

I turn back to Alaric to see his reaction. He looks deep in thought. 

"That doesn't sound like such a bad idea".

I frown, not understanding what Alaric is talking about. 

"I mean, getting out of town. Restarting. The only reason I came to Mystic Falls was to find out who killed my wife" Alaric adds. 

"Sorry about that" Damon says. 

Alaric's ex-wife (who happened to also be Elena's biological mother) was turned by Damon. She ended up killing herself but that's beside the point. 

"Wow, Ric. That's a big decision in such little time, do you think you're ready for that?" I question. Alaric nods. 

"No human really has any business in Mystic Falls. Living here is like having a death wish".

I felt exactly how he feels when I was 15 and I found out my parents big secret. Humans really don't have any business here because it's more supernatural than they can even understand. And once you get swept into this un-natural mess, there is no escape. It's either you become one, or you die from not being one. Either way, it's a whole big mess that's very avoidable sometimes. Too bad some people are just too ignorant.

"I think that's great Ric. A fresh start would be ideal" Stefan says, looking at me. 

I can't help but smile. Soon enough, the Mikaelsons will be nothing but a legend the supernatural community tell their children to scare them and I will have a baby and maybe even get married to the man I love. And can we just talk about it? I Jordan Jenna Gilbert love a man. Last year, I didn't even know what love meant. It was sort of like a myth to me. All I knew was parties, alcohol, one night stands, and drugs. Now, I'm going to be a mom in a serious relationship. I'm going to see my sister graduate and in two more years, my brother will be doing the same. I couldn't be more proud. So this is what being a parent feels like?

Damon pulls into the house and I'm relieved when I see my car parked out front. I turn to Damon and hug him. I hear Alaric gasp. 

"We're all friends at the same time again?" he asks, excitedly. I nod and his smile widens. 

"Welp, since you're pregnant, you can't drink but that just means when we all hang at the bar, we have a designated driver". 

I playfully roll my eyes and get out the car. 

"Try to sober up a bit more, I can still smell the alcohol coming out your pours sir Damon".

Damon rolls his eyes and pulls out my driveway. I wave at him and Stefan drives off, going to do their own thing.

When we walk into the house, I hear two voices talking and it's coming from the kitchen. It's obviously Elena, but I can't quite place the other voice. Alaric follows me into the kitchen and I make direct eye contact with Meredith Fell. I don't know whether or not to trust her. I know she was just trying to help Alaric out but the way she acted with me the day I was outside her apartment still baffles me and sends chills up my spine. I'm still very uneasy around this woman and I do not trust her. Especially not around my kid sister. Who acts so creepy like that if they've got nothing to hide?

"Oh perfect, you're here. You might want to go through these" Meredith says, sliding some files on the counter. Alaric frowns. 

"What's this?" he questions. 

"Your files" Elena responds. Meredith nods, agreeing with Le. He looks through the files and says something along the line of 

"I was just protecting this person" for almost each police report he reads.

"I called Caroline to see if maybe Bonnie was up for doing a spell where it can reverse all of the damage that ring has done so you won't go completely mad as Samantha Gilbert did". 

I snort to myself and Elena raises an eyebrow at me. 

"Don't you think it's funny one of our ancestors died so many times that it made her kill? I guess I know where we get our tempers from". 

Elena can't help but  give a small laugh along with me and I even see Meredith and Alaric crack a small smile.

"Okay, well good luck with everything. Baby momma is feeling tired so she's going to go lay in her bed and take a nice long nap. Call me if anything happens and I'll be there or here. Whatever, you get my point". 

I start up the stairs when Meredith calls my name. I look back. 

"Congratulations Jordan. You're going to make a great mother". 

I gratefully smile at her. Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

Once I get into my room and close the door, I immediately go for my journal.

Today, a lot happened. I realized the kind of person Damon really is. I'm grateful for that. Now I understand why he does the things he does and when he's acting selfish, or as a straight up douche bag, it's only because he's trying to protect his heart. Although I can't relate, I can definitely understand. I'm so glad Stefan and I are together now. Telling Elena is going to be tough but it's going to be worth it. No man has ever made me feel the way Stefan does and we have a past. I may not be able to remember it but it's there. For me to have told him about my parents meant I trusted him with my life. I don't know the full story of what happened in Cali but one day I will. After all, Stefan and I are going to be together for a very long time so it'll slip one day.