42

jordan*

The summer time in California is always filled with normal things. The same excitement, no secrets, drugs, partying and alcohol. But this summer is different. I have a secret that no one else knows about. Not even Tess. He's super mysterious and doesn't want to be known by anyone, which I dig. It's been 3 months, and I think I'm in love. I would never say it, but I guess I am.

Stefan appears and I throw my diary the other way. He notices and dashes over to it. He admires the design and then hands it to me. I frown.

"You're not going to read it?".

He shakes his head.

"Never".

I raise an eyebrow.

"I swear. Why would I? I would never want anyone to read mine".

My eyebrow goes even higher.

"You keep one too?".

He nods.

"Of course. How else would I remember over 100 years of my life without it?".

I smile at him. He lies down on the bed next to me.

"You're one of a kind".

He kisses my head as I snuggle into him.

"I love you, Jay".

I smile. I love hearing that come out of his mouth.

"I love you too S".

I remember everything. Every memory. Every moment. Slowly, the empty void I have been feeling, disintegrated. I remember it all until the last time I was compelled.

Stefan rushes into the secret apartment we had been meeting at. My dorm was too risky. We had almost been caught by my roommate the day I confessed the horrible things I had seen just 5 years prior in the place my parents hid. The journals they hid about wild things.

He packs everything up. Puts it into bags, making sure not to leave anything behind. I frown, puzzled.

"What're you doing?".

He shakes his head.

"I can't stay any longer".

I get in front of him.

"What are you talking about?".

He drops his bag and puts a hand on my cheek.

"Remember when I told you about the guy who has been making my life a living hell?".

I nod.

"Your brother, right?".

He nods.

"Yes. I think he's back".

I scoff.

"You think? Okay so why do you have to leave only if you think?".

He shakes his head.

"You don't get it. He will stop at nothing to make my life a living hell. I can't have that. Because he will kill you. And he knows that will destroy me because you are my life. You are my world. You are my everything. Maybe we'll meet again, and if we do, you won't remember this. You won't remember anything about me. Nothing we did happened. You will only remember when the time is right. When you feel the love between us again. When you start to fall in love with me again".

And when I opened my eyes, he was gone and I was standing outside a random apartment, confused as to where I was. I thought I had just slept walked or something or maybe taken drugs, but now I know. Those next few weeks, I had searched and searched for my diary, but I could never find it. I had to just get a new one. And just like that new diary, I was turning a new page. A new beginning. A new chapter. Something fresh and just new.

And it gave me the urge to open my eyes.