Guilt

"Everybody Gas Masks ready!" Alexander yells.

I have been issued a GP-5 Gas Mask, I pull back the rubber hood and strap it over my face. I screw a fresh filter below the exhale valve. I look at my side and I saw my squad members and other NUAF soldiers getting ready for the final push.

Queen will be leading her Elite Shock troops at the front, The rest of the regular army and me will follow.

Some squads were in charge of carrying and firing the DShKM which would give heavy suppressing fire. However, our squad had an equally important role we carried an RPG-7V.

Sounds familiar? The RPG-7V is one of the most popular rocket launchers in history. Alexander told me that it saw action on every corner of the globe. However, this once outdated rocket is a symbol of power in the badlands. And if you can guess it the person who was first in line to fire this rocket was none other than...Marta Callsign 'TNT'

"Guys this is a dream come true! Pure power in my fingertips!!" She whispers to us under her gas mask. The RPG was unloaded but she was waving the damn thing and keeps aiming down its sights and pretending to be firing warheads out of it.

"Why do I have to deal with your shit?" Quack mocks her, I can understand why. He has to carry the warheads, A large backpack that honestly looked like a hiking bag was strapped on his back and each round with its propellant weighed 2 kilos each! The warhead we carried was made to fight infantry it fragmented but was inefficient against vehicles. So far the VAF didn't use any junkies.

"Alright, I have drilled this but I am going to say it again, We are going to assault once the Radiation storm blankets the perimeter. Be careful as friendly fire can occur! And snipers have a positive ID on the Pope! Alive or Dead he is a cornered animal and he will pay for what he has done!" Alexander shouts to the men.

"Everyone give a shout to our enemies!!" Queen screams

"FOR ELANORE!" We scream in unison and raise our rifles.

"And the first man to pass the VAF gates or the one who kills the Pope gets a jug of my finest Vodka!" He roars!

"FOR ELANORE!!" 

And just as he finished his speech we could feel the wind blow towards us, From a light gust of red mist, The sand came blowing over us. It was like a fog all I can see is around 10 meters!

GPS, Radio and any form of electronic communication were jammed because of the Radiation Storm. But as long as we stayed in formation and complete our objectives then we can finally end it! As long as our gas masks weren't damaged we are fine.

"Squads 1 and 4 move! Shock troops and RPG squadron you are with me!" Alexander said.

"Sir Yes Sir!" We said in unison.

"Good luck out there!" A NUAF soldier said and with his squad, he lugged the heavy machinegun.

"The Shock troops will cover the flanks!" Victorina said with her soldiers, They too carried heavy Machine guns with them.

"Alright, let's go!"  Alexander said and gripped his AKS74.

The howling of the wind was like screams and destroyed metal sheets were flying and getting hit can really give a bad cut!

As part of the plan we moved to the open, Our flanks were well protected once this radiation storm passes we took cover behind the walls.

If they did their jobs right then we have Heavy MGs covering our flanks and ready to kill anyone who peeks out of their window.

Quack and Poet had to stick close since they had the same role. I acted as the squad leader. Poet was shaking, She didn't like fighting at this close proximity she always stood next to Alexander. Alexander took notice of her...He looks at her and gives her a thumbs up and winks in his Gas Mask.