Chapter 10

Let me just quickly say: THANK YOU for helping me reach over 200 reads! I'm glad you all are enjoying it! It's been fun writing it! Don't forget to favourite, send to friends and leave feedback/comments! Again, thank you! Enjoy! :)

~Izaamie. x

I awoke surrounded by soldiers, each person observing me as I struggled to wake. Noma still held me gently, now leaning against the hospitals entryway, looking down at me protectively. I opened my eyes shyly. The people around me tensed.

"She's fine now. You may resume your previous duties." Noma commanded. All the soldiers nodded and separated back into the hospital. Alex stayed behind and watched Noma and I return to our feet. I stumbled clumsily, but Noma caught me. "Easy there," she laughed lightheartedly. Alex shot her a lively smile. I shuffled ponderously.

"What did you see, Katherine?" Alex questioned concernedly. He was worried about Michael. Noma glanced over me curiously.

I pondered the thoughts. Should I tell them? Tell them the truth to not only Micheal's past, but my own? Should I confess the truth?

I shrugged defeatedly, gazing at both the angel and the chosen one. "I don't remember anything. It was like being in a dream. And once I woke up, I forgot everything."

Noma frowned. "Why would Gabriel do such a thing if he knew you would forget?"

Once again, I shrugged.

Alex coughed abruptly. "If I had to guess, Gabriel has taken Michael to his home. I could go-"

"Alex, no." Noma protested concernedly. "It would be too dangerous."

"I could go." I offered regretfully. The two soldiers looked down at me. "It's the least I could do."

Alex, for the first time since we met, watched me respectfully. "Katherine, you don't-"

"Yes, I do." I replied bitterly. Noma turned to Alex, who in return looked at the ground and sighed. Noma stepped towards me, her eyes locked to mine. "Are you sure you're ready for something like this? Are you ready to face your father?"

I smiled unsurely up at her. "Piece of cake."