Chapter 15

(Quick note!) The song I've posted with this chapter is the song that I listened to on repeat when writing this chapter, so, yeah. Go check it out. :) x

~Izaamie6277

Gabriel, with the assistance of two 8-Balls, escorted me through his domain. I remained unnecessarily close to my father, not for comfort, but for safety. The angels lingering in Gabriel's fortress watched me humorously, pointing and praising their new visitor. I avoided eye contact as best I could, but the weight of their stares fell upon me. Gabriel eyed me every few seconds, likely due to my surprise visit. I denied and ignored anything he had to say and silently walked by his side restlessly.

After turning a sharp corner, Gabriel halted. The two angels followed, as did I. The room before us was large, corrupted with unhygienic medical equipment and instruments. Various furniture was scattered along the floor, covered in years of decay. Around me, the smell of rotting flesh and metallic blood lingered in the air, causing me to gag. I held my breath sharply. Gabriel sneered. Subsequent to our arrival, Gabriel spoke fluently to the 8-Balls in a language I could recognize as Enochian. The 8-Balls nodded to their leader, spread their wings, then fly high above. The ceiling had long since been destroyed, so the 8-Balls swiftly glided through the shattered remains. I watched curiously as they flew. 8-Balls always fascinated me; despite their sick and greedy nature. I turned to Gabriel, who had begun to walk over the debris of the once intact room. I followed.

"This was once the room I used for my-" He took a brief moment to think. "Experiments."

I didn't question him, instead shot him a skeptical look. He grinned, then continued to stroll over the wreckage until he reached a metal door. I stood beside him. The doors handle was quite large, coated with rust and corrosion. Gabriel placed his hand on the doorknob. I coughed awkwardly.

"Hey, so-um," I stammered. "Where are we going?"

He turned the knob, and at that moment, he glared at me with whimsical eyes. "To our family reunion."

The door opened slowly, the rust creaking painfully swift as the door swung on the hinge. Aside from the light pouring in through the glass ceiling above us, the room was lit by candles. The candles were scattered along the wall and atop broken furniture, the flames illuminating the reasonably dark space. The cement floor was stained and chipped, decorated with faded symbols. The symbols looked evil and menacing, gleaming red against the discolored cement. The symbols were painted in a simple circle. In the centre of the symbol-circle was an examination table, empty and contaminated by the remains of blood. Fresh blood. I gulped.

"Why did you take me here?" I muttered quietly, half hoping that Gabriel wouldn't respond. He looked up at the glass ceiling humorously, both his hands glued behind his back as he ignored my question quite reluctantly . "I must admit, I'm rather surprised you decided to visit me, daughter." He chuckled. "Convenient, I must say."

I scanned the room once more, then turned to Gabriel. He smirked. "Give me your hand," He ordered gently, offering me his empty palm. I noticed the ghost of a scar by his wrist, exceeding to his index finger. Stained faintly with dry blood. I backed away cautiously, eager to reach the door and run. Gabriel expression stayed calm as he lowered his arm. I choked on my words. "What the hell is this?" I waved my hand around the room anxiously and waited for Gabriel's response. He glared at me thoughtfully.

"I would never hurt you, Katherine. I love you," He attempted to comfort me, but I refused. I saw the anger submerge in his grin. "Children these days. So stubborn and demanding." He muttered. "If you won't give me what I desire, the only rational way to deal with this situation is with force." The last statement made me shiver. By the look on his face, burden with amusement and rage, what he had planned for me wasn't going to be pretty.

I attempted to run, hide and leave and never come back. But where was I to go? I was trapped on a mountain top in a cave crawling with blood-thirsty 8-Balls. My mind froze, but a single thought remained; run.

I made it to the door, took my chances and ran, but was stopped by two 8-Balls. The same two who accompanied Gabriel and I earlier. Their soulless eyes watched me hatefully and their faces distorted in a look of disgust. This time, they were not alone. In their grasp was a limp body, their clothing torn and polished with fresh blood. His head was tilted downwards, but just his presence built a familiar sensation within me.

"Katherine." He whispered painfully.

Chills ran along my spine. "Michael."