Chapter IV

Ace's POV

Having weighed our options an unspoken agreement had been coursing through our minds. As leaders of the great clans that commanded over all the land the arrogance we held did not allow us to kneel before this unknown woman so the obvious course of action was to fight not only for our lives but also for the lives of those who had perished. 

"We would rather die fighting than to bow down to a maniac like yourself!" the vampire king sneered having finally regained his composure from the previous attack and helped heal Caroline. 

Instead of feeling threatened by our declaration Athena simply smirked and uttered words filled with amusement. 

"Very well I hope you all are as good as your egos present you to be," she said mockery lacing every word. 

Her words were filled with amusement and by the look, she had on her face, you could tell that she found us entertaining. This sent my wolf raging to come out and as such I allowed it. Fangs barring, eyes changing from silver to gold, claws extending, and muscles bulging more than they already were. The demon king, the vampire king, and grand witch also stood in position ready to battle everyone unleashing their power to demonstrate that we were not to be taken lightly. As we prepared our selves to attack the man took a position in front of Athena in order to fight for her this, of course, didn't last long since she dismissed him without a second thought. 

"Oh please, Alec I am aware that I've been asleep for some time and might be a little rusty but please do allow me to have some fun since they were the ones that entered my home and disturbed my sleep don't you think I should be the one to fight them?" 

"Mistress please do not waste your time with such lowly creatures they will serve no purpose in entertaining you allow me to finish them off," Alec said.  

"Goodness, I see you haven't changed one bit. Still, as stubborn as ever do not worry they shall not be fighting one by one since if they intend to leave this place alive they'll have to come at me all at once,"  Athena responded with a wicked grin directed at us. 

"Well, what are you all waiting for? Come at me."

Not thinking twice by the challenge she had imposed on us we attacked. The demon king using his powers to raise soldiers from the shadows along with hellhounds, the grand witch began to chant spells, and the vampire king launched forward. I who had more battle experience decided to wait for an opening that never came since as soon as the shadows and hellhounds got close to Athene they screamed in terror and disappeared out of sight she didn't even lift a finger and they were already defeated. The attacks sent her way by the vampire king who was known for his hand to hand combat all due to his speed didn't phase her at all, in fact, the smirk she had faded and had now been replaced by a look of boredom as she dodged every hit fluently none of them making contact with her. All it took was a hit to the stomach with the palm of her hand to send the vampire flying straight into the demon king who had made the decision to fight hand to hand instead. Both of them flew across the room straight into a wall losing consciousness upon impact.

By the time the witch had finished her spell, Athene appeared before her and grabbed her by the neck with little effort stopping the witch from uttering another word as well as from breathing. Once she lost consciousness and Athena decided to let her go I made my move and attacked her from behind with all the strength I could muster. In one swift movement, she turned around and stopped my fist with only her fingertips.

It was at this time that we locked eyes for the first time in the entirety of us being here. Once that happened something seemed to have stirred inside her as well as in me. My wolf began to scream something in my head but I was more concentrated in the sight before me to even begin to decipher what he had been trying to tell me. Her eyes turned from red to pitch black to an electrifying yellow and black veins descending from her eyes as well as canines coming forth along with an intense and unbelievable surge of power that slammed us all to the ground with great force. It was as if gravity had multiplied ten folds and not even our transformations were strong enough to combat its sheer magnitude. She growled ferociously the words that then left her mouth left me speechless.

 She growled ferociously the words that then left her mouth left me speechless

"MINE."